Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dr Anshuman Pandey   09 November 2023

Person released on interim bail hid to save his life and now wants to surrender and reapply for bail

There is a relative of mine who was falsely accused u/s 307 of IPC in which no weapon or any concrete evidences were found against him. The case went cold but the the opposite party got it reinvestigated using his resources and got my relative arrested. He was released on interim bail by SC but after that he was attacked by the gangs of opposition so he fled to another state and was getting medical treatment. Now he is back and wants to surrender and get bail, but there is a gap of an year. What are the chances?

• opposition party is having several cases of misappropriation of money (ipc 420, 419 etc ) from several organisations and is absconding.
  • OP has a gang who attacked my relative along with police inside the police station (case has been filed) after arrest was made.
  • OP is backed by an ex DGP of police
  • DGP tried to get my relative killed inside Jail, but he survived. His medical was done by Jail doctor and there are affidavits submitted by the witnesses, but no police is entertaining to write FIR against Jail superintended even (who is working under the pressure of ex DGP).
  • My relative is suffering from "Major Depressive Disorder" due to these situation and has tried to commit suicide several times. (on record)
  • Ex DGP and the opposite party (who filed FIR u/s 307) had demanded Rs 5 crores earlier as DGP wanted to stand for elections, upon denial they got my relative arrested and chain of events started.
  • Ex DGP and Father in Law of my relative filed a false FIR u/s 498a against my relative (after 12 years of marriage), but my relative's wife retaliated against police and his father in law, hence the police finally had to file an FR on that. But court is a bit apprehensive on issuing "not press" as several police guys will be losing the job in that scenario.

What would be the best course of action ?

Learning

3 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     09 November 2023

Any suggestion made in this regard will not be practically feasible to follow it up properly.

Whereever your relative may go or take any action the influtential people will play the same game and thwart all his attempts hence to save his life hlet him be on hiding itself until the things return to normalcy

Dr Anshuman Pandey   09 November 2023

Sir,

I strongly support your suggestion, because the same has been told to me by my relative. His state of dilemma is that if he surrenders and goes to Jail then he will be murdered and it will be fabricated by the Jail authorities ( as Lucknow Jail is notorious for a number of cases like this ) before judiciary could decide his innocense. 

Thank you sir for a genuine advice

Regards

Dr Anshuman Pandey

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     09 November 2023

You are welcome for your appreciations. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register