Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Reddy (SR Lead)     22 April 2014

Passport issue

Hi Greetings to all!!..

Here I am taking a question to put you to get more understanding and clarifications before I go for passport.

currently i am Austin based. my wife is looking to apply a passport but before that I need to ask you guys about the documents which are required.

my wife having her maiden name as surname in all of her documents and her father name. but PAN, Voter card having my name but still her surname is her maiden name only. Even surname is her maidenname only in certificates also.

Do we need to submit the marriage certificate to get passport when surname is her maiden name?

second question, do we need to submit/carry marriage certificate as married women though her surname is her maiden name?

Please provide your valued answer to get passport for my wife at earliest.

Thanks

Reddy

Learning

4 Replies

Advocate Ravinder (Advocate/Attorney)     22 April 2014

along with your passport application attach your marraige certificate and an affidavit of your wife stating that her name has been changed after marraige and her present name is so and so.  The printed formatrs will be available the passport office. 

Advocate Ravinder (Advocate/Attorney)     22 April 2014

along with your passport application attach your marraige certificate and an affidavit of your wife stating that her name has been changed after marraige and her present name is so and so.  The printed formatrs will be available the passport office. 

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     23 April 2014

There is a marriage affidavit format, please go through the necessary annexure for the purpose, the instructions about maiden name, surname and name after marriage will be given in it, you can fill the form accordingly.  Consult a lawyer if you do not understand the legal terms or formalities about this.

Reddy (SR Lead)     24 April 2014

thank you one and all for your valid suggestions and answers.

can you please let me know the affidavit form number to get from passport office

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register