Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

krishna (legal consultant)     15 July 2013

Partition deed or family settlement deed

Brothers were in joint possession of ancestral property

By way of two oral partition deeds they partitioned property

Later the Asst.Commr. by his order divided the property  and revenue records reflect their names to the shares of their property\

Is it enough that they get registered a family settlement deed or a partition deed is required

Whether Fly Settlement Cum Partition deed is required?

Learning

4 Replies

vivek malhotra (Advocate)     15 July 2013

If their names reflects in the revenu records regarding their share of property and they are satisfied then enough

krishna (legal consultant)     15 July 2013

Thanks for your reply sir

But  they are going for development of land the otherside  lawyer is not satisfied because the partition deed between brothers is an unregistered one.

Can they go for registered family settlement deed or a partition deed dividing by metes and bounds or both?

Varun Desai (Advocate)     15 July 2013

Revenue records are sufficient evidence to prove partition of land no need to registrar separate partition deed. Just shoe the advocate Mutation registrar reflecting such transaction......

chinnu (xxxx)     16 July 2013

From my ancestors property my father has taken one partition with the agreement of my two uncles and my grandfather and agreement has done in 10rs stamp paper, in that divided land we had constructed house and house is in my father name and we have been staying in the house for 16yrs and we have been paying taxes in my father name.and recently it has been done gift deed registered to my name.now, Kindly suggest will be there any threat from  my uncles?if what else precaution i have to take?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register