Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Raju (business)     14 February 2021

Pan + aadhar cards

Hi,

I am an Indian and took Indian passport + Aadhar card + PAN card when I was an Indian resident. Now I have moved out to a foreign country and became a foreign citizen. I have surrendered my Indian passport and acquired OCI card from India point of view.

Question1: Is my Aadhar card still valid? If it is valid, where should I update my residential status? Any online links?

Question2: Is my PAN card still valid? If it is valid, where should I update my residential status? Any online links?

Best Regards,

Raju

Hi, I have had an Aadhar card for many years. Recently I have acquired foreign citizenship and cancelled my Indian passport. I have now acquired OCI card from India. In this case, what happens to my Aadhar card and PAN card that were acquired many years ago when I was an Indian citizen? Are they both valid now? 1) Can I use my Aadhar card in buying and selling residential property in India? Where can I find more details about this? 2) Can I use my PAN card in buying and selling residential property in India? Where can I find more details about this? Best Regards, Raju

Read more at: https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/buying-selling-property-215504.asp

Learning

1 Replies

Nandini Warrier   15 February 2021

Good evening,

As per the Aadhar Act, 2016- "NRIs/PIO/OCI card holders are eligible for enrolment of Aadhaar card only if they reside in India for over 182 days in the last twelve months immediately preceding the date of application for enrolment."

If you've lived your life in India for over a year, or atleast 182 days then you're eligible for an Aadhar card. For PAN card, if you need to apply, then as an OCI holder, you can fill form 49AA. 

Your cards can be considered eligible. There are online portals that will help you, if you need to edit anything of your address in your Aadhar Card (self service update portal; SSUP), otherwise, to edit anything else you will have to visit the Permanent Enrolment Centre. You can correct your PAN card with the help of your corrected Aadhar Card, and vice versa. 

Hope this helps

Regards,

Nandini

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register