LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shweta (Lawyer)     16 April 2009

Pagdi system


My Client who is an old lady wants to transfer the flat in her name, to her son's name. This flat was bought by the lady's late husband from his personal earnings and not from ancestrol money. The flat is under Pagdi system.  The landlord is also willing to transfer the flat in the name of the cocncerned person. Kindly let me no the procedure as to how to go about it.

Thanks & Regards

Adv. Shweta Prabhu


 5 Replies

Amal shere (Service)     17 April 2009

Dear Shweta,

Same was the case with me, The flat was in name of my mother, and I am the only son. My father gave an affidavite that I am the only legal heir of my parent under succession act and my father has no objection to tranfer the property in my name. and we indemnified our landlord from any legal challenges and losses.  Our landlord took six months rent as transfer fee. Hope this will help u.


Thanks & Regards

Amal Shere


yogesh (adv.)     18 April 2009

as tenanted property can not transfered without land lord if his intentioon is not well then it is necessary that u have to clearify whole situation as who is legal heir who is staying with tenant etc.

yogesh (adv.)     18 April 2009

and if he is willingly want to help u then there is no prolem in it.


i am staying in ghatkopar mumbai in pagdi system from 1976, and all rent recipt till date with me . owner died in 2004 and his son and brother sold property to builder for development and from 4 brother one brother is live and has put case of 1/3 right in property .we has recd notice when this people sold property and rent is to paid to builder and he is collecting rent 6 year .and 2nd notice recd from brother of land lord say ing this cousins have cheated him and sold property .so may also loss of ur house .As i am an tenent and paying regular rent why shld i suffer between them.WHO IS CALLED of property builder who collect rent or person who has filed case.as builder is not communicating as several time contacted here for problem what can i do .and what right an tenant recd during development of building (addition area + corpus fund + rent )from builder .and if any damage is happen in buildng and life goes who is responsible builder or person who has filed case.Kindly let me know waiting for reply from experts . thanking you .

raghu   10 August 2016

1) Need a good lawyer for adverse possession on Agricultural Land, Doddaballapur,Bangalore Rural ,Kindly Call :9743605888 /raghu071727@gmail.com

​2) How to prove poseesion of Agricultural Land

​   Like irriagating the land /bore connection/kindly advice

3) Mr.Yogesh pls email your contacts wish to speak to you


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register