Anaita Vas 05 January 2022
1. First of all there should be the formation of the said Association the way an association is formed,
2. After that it should be registered after selecting an office to have its address,
3. There should be objectives specified while forming the association and rules to be framed,
4. There shall have to selection/election of office bearers of the Association and Bank account shall have to be opened,
5. After the association is formed, members should be enrolled taking fees,
6. There shall have to be regular AGMs of the members and steps proposed to be taken should be passed in the AGM,
7. Engage a local lawyer for this purpose who has adequate expertise in this field.
It can be a cooperative housing society formed by the landlord and called a tenant society. Or the tenants of the like mind can collectively form a society/association, elect among themselves a promoter or the president, who will elect or select other office-bearers. Once a committee is formed, the bye-laws containing all the issues can be framed including the object of the society to be formed and the same may be registered with the registrar of cooperative housing societies. After registration, in the periodical meetings, the issues can be decided and resolved for implementation. Take the help of a local lawyer and get the formalities completed through him.
You have to register the society under registered under the Societies Registration Act, 1860 (XXI of 1860). A minimum of 7 members are required to register a Society. A society shall be registered with the Registrar's office.
Registration of society is undertaken by a basic document of Memorandum of understanding and Articles of Association with the specified rules and regulations. Such document consists of the Name, occupation, and address of all members and with the rights, power, duties, and responsibilities of each member and governing body.
After registration of the society, you shall apply for PAN CARD if required. Anyway each year we have to submit the accounts to the Registrar of societies.
Non-filling of names, addresses, and occupation of Governing body members, council, directors, a committee entrusted with the management of the Society or willfully furnishing false information or return or refusing or neglecting to send audited income and expenditure statement and information are offenses of the Society which is penalizable.
Step 1: Prepare a letter and call a tenant who likes to join your society.
Step 2: Conduct a meeting and take a resolution for starting a society and prepare bye-laws for running the association.
Step 3: File application before Registrar/Assistant Registrar of Societies in your local limit.