Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Gajendran (Second division assistant)     08 June 2015

Online shopping

This is Gajendran from Bangalore.

I had booked a Aquaguard genius worth Rs.22900/- on 10-04-2015 through online. My customer ID : 8000025347 & Transaction ID : 315134315 Amount was paid through online on the same day. Before booking the sales executive from the Eureka frobes Smt.Fathima (Authorization Code A1001) had assured me that the product will be delivered within 07 days from the date of booking. But till date the product has not been supplied to me. In this this connection I lodged a complaint to the Eureka Forbes customer care vide the complaint ID is 91716096 on 20-04-2015. There was no proper response from the company. After that I have contacted the customer care for every four days. And also I had sent a mail for non receipt of the product. But there is no proper response from the company neither the product has been delivered to me. Later I cancelled the product vide Cancellation ID : 00208. But they have not returned money to me or none of the executives from the company are giving the status of my order nor cancellation details.

In this regard I have written a letter to company corporate office vide letter dated:20-05-2015. The letter has been sent through registerd post. On 25-05-2015 one of the executive from company called me & asked for the details to explain. And he assured me the problem will be solved at the earliest. And 27-05-2015 again another executive called me & assured me that the amount will be credited to my account through online transfer. But till date no action has been taken. In this connection I need clarification regarding following matters.

1. The company has set up Ombudsman for the grievances. Before approaching the consumer forum should I have to approach the Ombudsman or shall I approach directly to the consumer forum.

2. If I have to approach the Ombudsman first, then is there any provision to ask for compensation along with refund of money.  

3. To what extent can I claim the compensation either at Ombudsman or at consumer forum.

4. Is there any other procedures to be followed by me before approaching the consumer forum.

Learning

2 Replies

Adv Shrikiran.B (Advocate)     08 June 2015

Dear Gajendran,

My answers to your questions are as follows:

1. The company has set up Ombudsman for the grievances. Before approaching the consumer forum should I have to approach the Ombudsman or shall I approach directly to the consumer forum.

Ans: Yes, before approaching the Consumer Forum, you can approach the Ombudsman and explain in detail everything what happened with the Eureka Forbes guys and what they did to you and wait for some time to get a proper response from the Ombudsman. If the Ombudsman does not reply, you can send a Legal Notice to Eureka Forbes to either refund the amount you paid for the product or deliver the product within 15 days. If even after 15 days you do not get any reply from Eureka Forbes, you can approach Consumer Forum and file a complaint for deficiency of services on part of Eureka Forbes and claim compensation also.

2. If I have to approach the Ombudsman first, then is there any provision to ask for compensation along with refund of money.

Ans: Yes, if you are approaching the Ombudsman first, then there is provision to ask for compensation along with refund of money. Specify the amount you are claiming in the complaint letter addressed to the  Ombudsman and see what happens. 

3. To what extent can I claim the compensation either at Ombudsman or at consumer forum.

Ans: You can claim around 5,00,000/- for the mental harassment and mental agony caused due to the inefficient and deficient services of  Eureka Forbes apart from the original amount you are due to get.

4. Is there any other procedures to be followed by me before approaching the consumer forum.

Ans: As advised above, send a Legal Notice to Eureka Forbes to either refund the amount you paid for the product or deliver the product within 15 days. If even after 15 days you do not get any reply from Eureka Forbes, you can approach Consumer Forum and file a complaint.

1 Like

Gajendran (Second division assistant)     09 June 2015

Thanks sir

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register