Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

The Only One (Expert)     03 October 2010

Office Harassment causing long sickness from mental torcher

PL SUGGEST LEGAL RECOURSE FOR THE FOLLOWING (I would be highly obliged):

Continuous harassment at office for more than one year now in an MNC by a very senior person, though a highly incompetent & insecure politically motivated individual, using blatantly unethical and shamelessly dirty tactics one after another through open abuse of power and position. The internal system for complaints in the org has been quite unresponsive. Tactics include:

1. Hiring me below people junior to me by 3-4 years and then blocking my rightful appeal for correction  (despite my having best credentials not present in the org that would allow me to be placed above my seniors - highly humiliating) - the offending senior blocked my appeal using outrightly shameless and unethical statements like "Don't be too justice driven. Ethics does not work in real life." Whole problem started when I appealed to the grievance redressal forum in the company and the senior took it personally. Whole process/harassing time for this was 6 months with no results.

2. Wrongful damage of my annual performance rating by the senior as revenge (despite best performance from me in the whole organisation, my clients calling me "The Best in the Organisation TILL NOW") justified by further blatantly shameful unethical statements that cannot be expected in a professional organisation.

3. Harassment through assigning junior & unqualified person as my manager (since I was working under juniors) by the senior and harassment through incompetent manager for 8 months despite his promise to change the manager in the beginning. I finally got it changed through grievance redressal (on ultimatum that I would approach Chairman if not done).

4. Humiliated through his favorite juniors (by 6 yrs) on project through instigation & protection provided by the senior (he has created a total culture of sycophancy as an absolute ruler) - they broke all rules. Finally, I was pushed to approach grievance redressal again!!! Case is still on.

***!!! 5. False s*xual harassment case: The senior played shamelessly & shockingly dirty framing me in a false & frivolous s*xual harassment case through the junior girl against whom I had already made major complaints of ethical & policy violations in the project mentioned above. Case made on most frivolous statements I ever came across such as "I don't like the way he looks at me" etc. - hilariously crazy but very shameful! Clearly, objective being to teach me a lesson through the most humiliating & terrifying process I got subjected to as it involved my reputation. Internal committee finally concluded "No such case" but he is still pressurising them to change the verdict and not allowing them to close.

Result has been one whole year of escalations, complaints, defense, tension, humiliation, fear, insecurity being a one man fight against a very senior person who unethically influences the system. I fell sick due to such a long bout of mental stress/torcher being bed-ridden for 2 months as diagnosed by competent doctors and recovery is still on, a long-term affair (i.e. working with a fragile health/mental state).

It seems I have been the only person to strive for such justice in a culture that silently bore injustices, complied to the pressures (sycophancy, etc.) or remained indifferent looking for a quiet exit.

I have undeniable proof for all the above in terms of emails, credible witnesses, etc. (that I have provided with every complaint within the org but to not much avail).

Complaint for all the above already made to top management, however not confident about results. Please advise if justice is not got within the organisation, how can I save my character from being so grievously assasinated and my reputation from being tarnished affecting my long-term career? Also, how can I be compensated/seek justice for an year long harassment/mental torcher and my resulting loss in health, mental sanity, career and self-respect? Can I adopt legal procedure while being in employment? Will it impact my employment with the firm?

THANKS A LOT FOR YOUR HELP. I LOOK FORWARD TO YOUR EXPERT ADVICE.

BEST WISHES, 

YOUR FRIEND

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register