LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Akash (Service)     22 November 2011

Null and void marriage

One of my friend have registered his marriage with a girl whom he was loving with fake marriage proof. But just after marriage , same day the girl starts staying with her parents. They had no physical relation. Actually that was a plan for money. And her parents was also involved. He tried his best still she is not ready to come with him and now starts affair with another boy and her parents also have no problem. After 7 dyas wait my friend came to another city for his work. Now is it possible to file a case by his parents to proof that marriage invalid.

Learning

7 Replies

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     22 November 2011

what i understood is - 

the proof of marriage was fake & using that, ur friend got marriage registered.

such marriage may be proved null & void if he can prove that no nuptial ceremonies were carried out.

however, fear is that, they started living together as husband and wife and also presented themselves in front of the society. (no matter for just a few days). so the marriage solmnized, and he may get in trouble if he goes to court appealing for a decree of nullity.

here i m telling both +ve & -ve views that came into MY mind.

there are experts here who will guide u through this.

please state ur facts clearly so that the experts can suggest u a perfect way-out.

any ways be cool... tension nahi lene kaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa... :) (this is a very valuable thing what this forum has taught me in my own problem)

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     23 November 2011

Marriage is not invalid.

Nullity can be obtained on diffirent groiunds.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

1 Like

Akash (Service)     09 December 2011

After a long try aslo she is not ready to come with him, and now she stops callng him. It is now 3 and half month. Please suggest how to come out from this. They are not staying together and staying in different city. Is it possible by her with that marriage certificate to file case for 498a. And she belongs to a bad family and if she came as she will do wrong only. Her parents knows abut this but still they allows her to roam with boys in late night as because boys are taking care of his father. Her brother is now 22 but a drunker and sometimes after drink sleeps in the street. Her father is making plans with advocate and her mother once called him and ask him to come their city to close this issue. But what is the legal advise or steps should I take. Their neighbour are also saying her mother is also not a good persn and they have no good relation with neighbour.Her father was working in paramiilltary but she informed before marriage that he is a doctor.

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     10 December 2011

Legal Advise: Fight false cases, as and when they come

Sound Advise: Close the cases by getting MCD/ Annulment

1 Like

Akash (Service)     10 December 2011

Kindly give me some idea how to go for Annulment? My concern is that if he goes for divorce then the marriage will be prove as valid and then if she plays with the mcd and if she is asking money.

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     10 December 2011

to file annulment,

legal grounds specified in sec. 11 / 12 of HMA should be met.

following is the link for ur reference.

https://punjabrevenue.nic.in/hmrgact(1).htm#Voidmarriage

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     12 December 2011

give complete facts here or contact an effective local advocate/

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

PS: Now onwards due to objections of few fellow members, I would use the words "EFFECTIVE" instead of "GOOD" when referring advocates.

PPS: I have personally held highest regards about advocacy and lawyers, we owe our liberties, freedom and all things because of good work done by advocates, I still personally hold that because of few unscruplous lawyers whole community gets the bad name.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register