Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sridhar Krishnan (NA)     22 August 2013

Non availability of birth certificate (chennai)

Hello,

I require some assistance with getting a non-availability of birth certificate. My birth was not registered and I was born at home in Chennai. I moved out of Chennai 18 yrs ago. I have all the documents listed on the Chennai Corporation site for applying for a NABC except proof of address in Chennai. Is it possible to apply for a NABC with just parents' affifavit, 10, 10+2 marks cards and copies of my parents and my passports for ID proof. I would appreciate any assistance in this regards and if anyone is willing, request you to share your contact details to get in touch with.

Thanks.

Sridhar Krishnan

Learning

3 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     22 August 2013

Procedure to apply birth certificate in Chennai online

• The application for birth certificate can be downloaded from Chennai corporation website www.chennaicorporation.gov.in/online-civic-services/birth.htm
  • By visiting this website, the first thing you need to do is see your registration number after which you can provide all your information that is required to be filled up.
  • After completing the procedure, you can take the print out and send it to the:

Public information centre,
Ripon Buildings,
Corporation of Chennai,
Chennai- 600 003

Palak Singh   01 April 2020

NABC stands for non-availability of birth certificate. It is issued when the person has no birth proof. It can be obtained online as well as directly from the municipal corporation. The person can enclose the affidavits, address proof and birth proof along with a covering letter. One must remember that NABC is not a birth certificate but just a pivotal document in order to get a birth certificate.

The following authorities have the power of issuing NABC:

1. In Urban Areas: The Municipal Corporation of the zone in which a person was born has been assigned this work of issuance of birth certificate.
  2. In Rural Areas: Para-medical staff is there in every village that has been authorized for the issuance of certificate. And the Tehsildar at the Taluka level is also authorized to issue this certificate. And the person could also visit the Gram Panchayat Office in his village and get the certificate from there.
  3. For Non-resident Indian: Such NRI’s born before 1969 when the registration rule came into effect the Indian consulates can issue the NABC certificate.

Documents Required:

Generally following documents are submitted for the purpose which acts as Identity and address proof, but it may differ from state to state:
Aadhar Card

1. Pan Card, Passport
  2. Voter ID Card
  3. Ration Card etc.
  4. For date of birth proof documents like
  5. Passport
  6. Nursing home/Hospital Report/Vaccination card
  7. SSC from recognized board by GOI
  8. Certificate from School signed by Principal on School Letter Head can be used
  9. An affidavit is also required from the applicant along with the application

From what I can gather, you should be good to go with those documents as all the major documents are there.

I hope this answers your question!

Regards,

Palak Singh

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     15 April 2020

thisis not a legal qauery.

it is query on procedure and the concerned organisation can elaborate the procedure.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register