LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Neeraj Singh (Employee)     25 August 2018

Non acceptance of resignation intensionally and lost new job

I was employed with Japnese NBFC and was a performing employee for 9 Appraisals since Sep 2008 as senior employee . Last Year there was some management changes and new MD started targeting many employees .i was one of them . After no supports On 10th April 2018 I gave pre intimation that I will resign on 1st May 2018 that might help in looking for better replacement options. On 1st May 2018 I submitted my Resignation with a notice period 90 days and last working day was 30th July 2018.Due to malafide intentions acceptance was not given even after many followups also .To my surprise I got a call from NSM that I don't know about MD and he can go to any extent and spoil my career and people are playing against me . On 13th July 2018 I received a mail with a scanned letter attached asking not to attend office without any valid reasons which was total humiliation and spoil the reputation in market and among co workers as had served the Company for 9.10 Months and overall industry for more than 20 years and I followed the same.​ On receiving the formats of exit checklist from HR department on 27th July I immediately went to office to complete the exit formalities and finally on 28th July same was completed and whatever was handed over was documented by Ops Head to all concerned departments of HO with CC on my mail id.Till time I had not received acceptance of my resignation . On 30th July 2018 after closing of my working hours (17:30).I was served a show cause notice at 17:39 PM related to 48 gift cards of the value of Rs 1000/ each provided in Oct 2017 to undersigned which is totally false, baseless and fabricated to spoil my career without any documentary evidence . In show cause it has been mention that cards pertained to festival contest launched last year and now have handed over 15 cards expiring on 31st July.Where as there has been no festival contest last year and handing over of 15 cards is fabricated and planted as it is no where in the list of assets which were handed over by me . On receiving the show cause notice ,I called up the HR Head for acceptance of my resignation dated 1st May 2018 as I had to immediately submit it to proposed employer he said he cannot until issue of show cause notice is resolved .I asked him since raised issue is after closing of working hours I am asking for only acceptance of my Resignation on whose behalf all the exit formalities have completed but he refused the same. On 31st July I continuously followed with HR Head for acceptance and I mentioned in my communications as my proposed employer has given me the deadline for today and he has threatened to withdraw the offer as it was a overseas job to African countries but did not got the solution . On 1st Aug seeing my career priorities and no other options and commitments from the HR Head for issuing acceptance and relieving letter I was compelled to allow to debit the amount of said gift cards from my full and final settlement amount .Acceptance of Resignation would have been given immediately but same was intentionally given after working Hrs at 19:15:38 Hrs that too without relieving letter.Meanwhile due to non submission of acceptance of Resignation and joining of duties proposed employer had cancelled the appointment at 23:01:39 Hrs . Acceptance of Resignation was given on 1st Aug 2018 at 19:15:38 Hrs confirming as last working day 30th July 2018 which is totally intentional to spoil my career and against company policies . Till 26 days have completed and have not received any correspondence on the show cause notice .On 9th Aug I have send them a Legal notice but till no reply has been received . I have complained to HQ in Japan and Ombudsmen also no Revert received . I have lost one job offer and one new job in process has raised issue on the reason why resignation acceptance was given after 2 days of Last working . Kindly suggest for the legal remedy as he can fabricate in wrong cases as gifts are a nonsense issues as in entire tenure of appx 10 years no financial issue has been raised .He has done harassment of many employees .

Learning

1 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     26 August 2018

Be brief and precise, no time for such a long story. Otherwise, consult a local prudent lawyer for proper appreciation of facts, analyse and guidance.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register