LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ravindra K. Banthia (None)     10 April 2011

No receipts provided by Landlord

I have been living in a rented flat in an AWHO residential complex since 24-June-2010.

I have paid the Security Deposit, Rent and Maintenance Fees by cheques.

The landlord has never provided a receipt.

Recently, I reminded the landlord that I need the Receipts. He asked me to type up the material.

I typed up two statements, one for the Rent (and Security Deposit) and the other for the Maintenance Fees, and sent them to him on 29 March, 2011.

I have not yet received the signed statements.

So yesterday I sent him an email, with the letter and statements attached, and requested that he send the duly signed statements at the earliest convenience.

I anticipate that the Society will create trouble regarding the Maintenance Fees.

If the landlord does not cooperate, what is my best recourse?

I intend to vacate the flat sometime in the very near future.

BTW, all cheques issued to the landlord, were encashed, as per my bank passbook.

Thank You.

Ravindra

Learning

3 Replies

G. ARAVINTHAN (Legal Consultant / Solicitor)     11 April 2011

ask your land lord to give receipts. If failed, send a legal notice for the same

Bharatkumar (ADVOCATE )     11 April 2011

U give a rent by checque so don't worry if he can not give receipt u give a application for that and attach a bank statement. Statement is the important evidence.

1 Like

Ravindra K. Banthia (None)     11 April 2011

Thank you Shri Aravinthan, but I would like to minimize bad relations, so I would not like to resort to Legal Notices, unless unavoidable.

Thank you Shri Bharatkumar.

I was considering two options

1) A Bank Statement (duly stamped and attested by the Bank)

2) Requesting the Bank to verify my Statements for payment of Security Deposit, Rent & Maintenance Fee, and cerify that the details mentioned are correct.

The Statements prepared by me, are fairly detailed, and contain the Cheque Number,  Date and Amount for each transaction.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register