LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anupama   01 December 2018


hello sir/madam, i am from Vadodara, Gujarat where in there is a garden named Sayaji garden and it has a very big Zoo where there are all types of birds and animals and we pay a minimum amount to visit that zoo. Now, yesterday night some wild dogs entered zoo area and attacked the deers who were there in their cage in total there were 8 deers out if which 6 died and 2 are serious, there were watchmen but no one helped the poor deers who couldn't even run for their life due to fencing,we read it in today's NEWSPAPER so please give your valuable advice as to what can we do as a citizen please sir/madam do reply, these animals have been bought from their habitat to this zoo and no one is taking care of their lives, they need help 🙏


 7 Replies

Shashi Dhara   01 December 2018

U file IPL in Gujarat high court.

Anupama   01 December 2018

ipl means?

Suri.Sravan Kumar (senior)     02 December 2018

you can approach local police station and lodge FIR against the Management of the garden.

1 Like

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     02 December 2018

As a common man, you can not do anything on your own, and you may also be inviting more troubles due to sympathy.  There are most powerful Animal welfare association and laid down law that stipulates the precautions to be taken in future, and action to be taken for sheer negligence.  Do not think that Govt or such associations cannot do anything in the serious matter when they have not spared celebrity stars, how can they remain silent against such negligent zoo authorities.   Just wait and see as an inquiry must be conducted.  Though those deers cannot be brought back to life, certainly they will take measures for more precautions and punishing the negligent.

1 Like

Manoj Ahuja (Project Manager)     02 December 2018

These were not deers, but Black bucks which are Protected Animals. The Forest authorities might have to get involved..

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     02 December 2018

It is PIL which mean "Public Interest Litigation" entertained by High Court under Article 226 of Constitution of India whereas Supreme Court accepts/adjudicate it under the provisions of Article 32 of the Consitution of India, 1950 where interest of petitioner is not involved (directly).

An FIR against the zoo employees can also be lodged.

There are number of NGO's working for the welfare of animals.

You may directly approach Mrs. Menka Gandhi, Hon'ble Union Minister.

1 Like

Anupama   02 December 2018

thanks a lot to all of you for giving your precious advice i will try to lodge FIR and I don't know how to approach Mrs. Menka Gandhi

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads