LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dolly (accounts)     09 April 2015

Need some advice

Hello All,

Gud Evening,

 It is related to family disputes, but this is little different case.

There is a friend of mine whose brother is misbehaving with her parents they are unable to control him,he speaks very abusive language to his own mom and dad, his demands are very high. He is a teen. Her parents are in a very low condition and they are helpless. they need some way out which they are unable find to control or for fighting back with their son.

Can i seek any legal advice on this matter or any kind of help.


 7 Replies

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     09 April 2015

Sir, Tell them to lodge a police complaint for eye wash so that police just come and explain their son to improve .... Warm Regards Kapil Chandna Advocate 9899011450

Shobhit Chauhan (Founder/President)     09 April 2015

As suggested by Kapil ji. Pls file a police complaint for misbehaviour and physical assault if any. Also police protection may be seeked if the parents are old and aged.


No, don't think of legal action or police complaint right now, that will further complicate the issue. Could be adamant and aggressive behaviour since childhood or psychological disorder.U mentioned he is in his teens, his approach towards his parents has to be changed without hurting his feelings.

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     10 April 2015

I agree with Sainath Devella. Better the boy is shown to a proper Doctor to examine whether he is having any psychological disorder. If so it has to be treated and possibly cured. Otherwise he needs to be institutionalised.


At this stage filing Police complaint complicates the issue as it will add to the nuisance of Police to the family as they may take the boy and beat him to put fear inti him and if that boy is psychologically demented, it will further aggravate the issue.


If the Parents are incapable to handle the boy, better relatives and friends to intervene and take him to Doctor for examination.  If he is found to be OK and if he is behaving like that, may be counselling by a Psychologist will cure him.


Still he is unreasonably aggressive and combative and abusive with the Parents, then Police Complaint is the last resort.


Rightly supported by Shri Siva ramaprasad.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     12 April 2015

Such spoilt brats will not change until they are treated with legal course properly, any amount of persuasion by any relative will not make them understand or realise the gravity of their acts, as a relief, police action will be the better choice.


My intention was try to change his mental attitude, if they fail they can go for legal process

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register