LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Viju75 (Hello)     26 September 2013

Need legal opinion to save marriage and not to get divorce

- I am Hindu & My wife is muslim. - She was married and having two girls and she was staying with her husbund. She was not having happy married life with her husband. We were working together and had friendly relation for more than year. In this duration i was helping her for her both girls all fees and needs by giving money. Than friendly relation got into affair and she was having extra marital affair with me for almost 3 year. In the mean time she got pregnant and then she done abortion because she was afraid if the child may get my blood group which is different then her and her husband. - in 2007 she run away with me with both girls and later she got divorce from her previous husband. We both married under Special Marriage Act and we continued living together and i took all responsibility of both girls. But her father and mother started forcing me do NIKAH and convert to muslim religion. which i always opposed because i did not change her name nor her two girls name. - In 2010, we had our own son. after having my son, when ever she go to her parents house for any arguments, her parents started dominating on me and telling me to give divorce, make settlement and they will not even allow me to see my son. in 2011 I came to singapore for job and she came to stay with me with my son. but we always used to have arguments on all she was forcing me for all the things her parents used to guide her. in 2012 she went back to india and i have rented house in bangalore and took care of all the responsibilities as husband and father to all 3 kids. - later in 2012, I got in tough with singaporean girls who was working with me. We have gone for dinners and outside in week ends to malls in singapore as a good friend. She took photos with me on several occasions in mall, restaurants, or while travelling in bus, some including (Kissing and hugging) which was been normal for her. we never had s*x. This friendly relation got over in early 2013 and now she is happily living her life with her boyfriend and we do not even talk with each other. - she has already changed the job so we never meet each other. - Recently my wife found all the photos in my IPad in my Gmail account and she started asking me for divorce again. I tried to convince her so many times. even my parents also tried to convince her so many times. When ever i call her she used to fight with me on phone and tell me all the bad words. I am asking my wife to take some time and reconsider our relation and do not go for divorce. but her parents are forcing me and my family to sign papers otherwise they will kidnap me and they can do anything with help of their JAMAT. I would like to know following things: 1. Can i stop my wife getting divorce from me?2. how can i save myself if she/her parents files adultery on me? because i am not sure if my kissing & hugging photos can prove adultery in the court? 3.if they file 498a on me and my family then what should i do? they not allowing me to see my son. Please advice.

Learning

1 Replies

Samir N (General Queries) (Business)     26 September 2013

Presuming that you are not hiding any fact and thats a big presumption...

You need not be concerned about "adultery" because that requires you to have s*x with a married woman. She can claim mental cruelty to her based upon those photos but she cannot prevail based upon those claims. Does she have those photos with her? If so, you can claim exactly what the truth is, as stated here. It is not grounds for divorce. Do not take decisions based upon threats. If you have proof of threats, like a recording, preserve the recording and tell them that if they threaten you again you will go to the police but do not actually do so. That will be the end of any efforts to reconcile.

Any woman can file for divorce but that does not mean that she is going to get it. You need to make a list of what your ULTIMATE goals are and prioritise them. Then work towards achieving them. Do not take this very complex situation, one day at a time. Try all attempts to get your marriage back on track and discourage her from approaching the Courts. However, be prepared for legal proceedings. GOOD LUCK!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register