LCI Learning
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

navin......... (service)     18 August 2009

need advice on getting married without parents consent

i want to get married with my girlfriend. her parents are against the marriage. we have decided to go ahead and get married. pls advice if i should be getting married in arya samaj mandir n later getting it registered or should get married in court. i hv heared that court sends notice to parents if one opts for court marriage. would it be legal if i get married in arya samaj mandir and would the marriage be registered later without any trouble. and do court also sends notice in this case. pls help me......her parents are totally against it


 27 Replies

Kamal Grover (Advocate High Court Chandigarh M:09814110005     19 August 2009

In the situation like you, We have experts on this point.

Our panel will not only help you get into the knot of marriage but also help you to protect you and your family through High court so that they may not register any false FIR against you or your family members and even protection will be provided by the local police to protect your marriage.

Your further clarification is welcome at;




With Regards

Kiran Kumar (Lawyer)     19 August 2009

Naveen dont worry, u can get married at Arya Samaj Mandir if both the spouse are Hindu.


make sure both the boy and the gal are competent to get married,  hope you are 21+ and the girl is 18+


one additional thing ask your girl friend whether she is willing to enter this relationship or not, if she changes her stance after marriage then u may find some trouble.


after getting married in Mandir, get a certificate from the said Arya Samaj Mandir and get it regisetered.


u need not to go for court marriage kind of thing.


in case u find any physical threat from the parents of the girl after marriage then make a representation in this context to the local Police Authorities, they are duty bound to protect your life and liberty, in case of failure on the part of police you can approach the High Court concerned.


finally the advice is to take help of some local lawyer, for registration purpose you will need lawyer's help.

2 Like

aatma   19 August 2009


Since her parents are totally against for this marriage you must also aware of  IPC498A and dowry prohibition act prior to your marriage  to protect yourself and your family in future from endless menace from the police and legal system.

Whether you get married with parents' consent or not it is always good to know about these laws. For details go through this forum you will find lot of information (especially Mr. Rajesh Kumar's posts). This is more serious issue than  your marriage registration etc.

This is a friendly advice.

VIPIN SHARMA (Mob.-9610000043) (ADVOCATE)     19 August 2009

If you both are hindu and bride is 18+ and bridegroom is 21+ than you can have marry either directely before marriage officer under Special Marriage Act or first you can get marry in Arya Samaj by Vadic rites, than get your marriage registered accordind to Hindu Marriage Rules.  In former case it is necessary to give one months  notice to marriage officer, and marriage officer may send the notices to the parents of the parties but in later case marriage may be registered on same date without notice to parents. You can seek help from a local lawyer for the same. VIPIN SHARMA, ADVOCATE, 337, Akron Ka Rasta, Kishanpole Bazar, Jaipur-302001.      Mobile-9610000043

1 Like

Kamal Grover (Advocate High Court Chandigarh M:09814110005     19 August 2009

Marriage protection from High Court will protect you from every aspect of FIR, Muscle Man protection and any other threat and you can live your life very peacefully. If you will only get married in Arya samaj mandir or anywhere and get only certificate then in near future, parents of the girl may threat your family memebers and it may be happen that you all memebers will suffer a lot and will run for hide from one place of other. i can give you lots of examples. From the last eight years i have proform lots of such and similar marriages and know the every loopholes. But both of you should be major (18-21) and your GF should be firm in your decision. Rest our expert will help you without any trouble in two days time.


Advocate, M: 09814110005


We also deal in every High Court of India.

For detailed query feel Free to Contact us

We strive for your rights.

Good Luck.

navin......... (service)     19 August 2009

thanx for your advice. both of us are hindu. we are 25 yrs of age. pls advice if arya samaj temple certificate would be valid at marriage resgistrar office. cud u suggest any such temple in delhi. at registrar office shud we disclose the circumstance to magistrate.

Kamal Grover (Advocate High Court Chandigarh M:09814110005     20 August 2009

Arya smaj mandir or any temple is ok but Without the consent of parents and presence of parents, registrar will not register the marreige and if you fo through other ways then your and your beloved snap will be tug on the notice borad of court for one month and every third person have a look on it and can object for this marriage. Therefore i suggest you the right path of two days without any trouble. Rest iyou can verify my workd from registrar office and then revert back to me. I  am full confidence in such matters of love marriage. Even if you dont satisfy then good luck and you can ask me any guidence in any truoble, i am always glad to guide love birds.

Good luck dear Navin

G. ARAVINTHAN (Legal Consultant / Solicitor)     20 August 2009

I agree with Kiran Sir.

Age must be a main thing.

Better to get married before Arja Samaj Mandir and then registered..

If you fear of any threat of any FIR, better to file a Habeas Corpus Petition against her father - before a High Court and then proceed

Kamal Grover (Advocate High Court Chandigarh M:09814110005     20 August 2009

Dear Aravinthan, heabous Corpos is to recover the girl and not against father. If both are not married then how heabous corpos will work. First they required marriage and protection only after that any other step is available. Plz dont mind it is for your clerification only.

1 Like

G. ARAVINTHAN (Legal Consultant / Solicitor)     20 August 2009

 Kamal Sir

They can file a HCP by sending a telegram to the Chief Justice .. They were treated as detenues and they were given poilice protection

Kiran Kumar (Lawyer)     20 August 2009

well Ganesan prior to marriage the boy will not have any locus standi to file Habeas Corpus petition, as the girl will be in the legal custody of her parents.


the girl may send telegram or letter etc. to the High Court or Supreme Court in this context.


in police protection (not custody) they can not be termed as detenus. :-)


hope you will understand....if my opinion is incorrect then please let me know.

Kamal Grover (Advocate High Court Chandigarh M:09814110005     21 August 2009

Kiran ji you are absolutly right. Furhter she or both of them may send the letter but we know very well how many letters took action. Therefore to protect yourself they can hire any lawyer in High court and will be easily get protection within a day and can perue thier happy marrige life very easily. Mr.navin can also resume his normal job wihtin a week and can also earn for his marriage life.

Thanks kiran ji.

alok raj singh (student)     04 September 2009


Thank you all of you lawyers for your so valuable information that you all have provided regardless of personal self-interest. Amidst this, no one touched the topic of medical grounds. What are the rules if suppose the boy or the girl is medically unfit or say a Disabled? Is there any relaxation or some hardship in the rules then? Please let me now.


Kamal Grover (Advocate High Court Chandigarh M:09814110005     05 September 2009

In love marriage there is no hardship or any boundary.

You can done it with your own sweet will.

Regarding relaxion, there is no such rule of relaxation in law for registration of marriage.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register