LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nishant Tanwar   23 October 2021

Narcl

Whether National Asset reconstruction company works according to Sarfaesi act's provisions related to Asset reconstruction company or Not?


 1 Replies

Anusha Singh   23 October 2021

As per your query it is understood that you need information regarding the Nation Asset Reconstruction Company (NARCL).

As per Section 3 of the SARFAESI Act, a company can carry the business of asset reconstruction only after obtaining a certificate of registration from RBI and, having the owned fund of not less than Rs 2 crore or such other amount not exceeding 15% of total financial assets acquired or to be acquired by the securitisation company or reconstruction company. The NARCL has been incorporated under the Companies Act, and public sector banks will hold 51 per cent in NARCL.

The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has granted the National Asset Reconstruction Company (NARCL) the licence to register as an asset reconstruction company (ARC). The Licence is given under Section 3 of the Securitisation and Reconstruction of Financial Assets and Enforcement of Security Interest (SARFAESI) Act 2002.

State-owned lenders State Bank of India (SBI), Union Bank of India, Punjab National Bank (PNB) and Indian Bank have picked up over 12 per cent stake each in NARCL. SBI, Union Bank of India and Indian Bank have picked up 13.27 per cent stake each in NARCL, while PNB has bought 12.06 per cent.

The NARCL has been incorporated under the Companies Act, and public sector banks will hold 51 per cent in the bad bank. The remaining will be held by private banks and financial institutions.

About 16 public and private sector banks have put in Rs 5,000-6,000 crore in the bad bank. That will be utilised by it to pay 15 per cent cash to the lenders while purchasing their bad loans. The remaining 85 per cent will be paid through security receipts guaranteed by the government.

The newly formed NARCL expects to recover between Rs 50,000 crore and Rs 64,000 crore through the resolution of bad loans worth Rs 2 trillion.

Hope it helps!

 

Regards,

Anusha Singh


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

LCI Learning Hindu Laws


Popular Discussion


view more »




Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query