Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anurag Kumar (affaaaw)     25 May 2014

My aunt is bent upon selling temple land

Dear Esteemed members,

My father is a cancer surviver but by no means a very healthy man. In fact he is yet not out of danger of recurrence of disease. My great grandfather was a very rich man and he built a temple inside our house which is huge. He had three sons of whom one was murdered. After his death we fell on bad days and upkeep of the huge temple became a burdern. My greatgrandfather's youngest son did it somehow but then died. So in 1994 all my grandfather's were dead. The only son of youngest grandfather also died so his family shifted back to my uncle's in-laws. Now the son who was murdered had a posthumous daughter and she and her husband are trying to make life hell for my father. They are threatening to sell their property which is on top of the temple where God Krishna sits and the passage to their portion passes right through our portion and temple so if they sell it both the security of  temple and our house is endangered. An altogether separate portion for them was created but since it is in a narrow lane they never use it and always torture my father by leaving the main gate open throughout the night. since my father is suffering from a dangerous disease we cannot give them money to leave their claim. I heard that there is some special act to stop changes to a temple existing since 1947. Now our temple was made in 1912 and we have documentary evidence of the same. We have no objection to our aunt or her family staying in their property but we do not want strange people to live with us and also jeopardize safety of temple since any construction would endanger the old structure of the temple. Please advise what to do in the matter. I thank all in advance! The temple and Lord Krishna is very dear to all of us and we have spent money from our pocket since the last twenty years or so and the other families have not even spent a penny. One floor of the temple needs urgent replacement and we are going to spend a huge amount on construction of that also soon! Moreover luckily our locks are there on all temple entrances and no one is allowed to come inside.

Learning

1 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     25 May 2014

Large temples were usually built at picturesque places, especially on river banks, on top of hills, and on the sea shore. Smaller temples or open-air shrines can crop up just about anywhere - by the roadside or even under the tree.

Holy places in India are famous for its temples. Indian towns - from Amarnath to Ayodha, Brindavan to Banaras, Kanchipuram to Kanya Kumari - are all known for their wonderful temples.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register