LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Priya Yarlagadda (Student)     18 October 2014

Mutual consent divorce

Hi Everybody,

I got arranged marriage on June 4th 2014.But i came out with in 3 days after marriage from his home to my parents house when i came to know that he is already married. Later on when ever i spoke to him on phone he always spoke so rashly and threatened me many times. After 3 months, now the boys parents spoke to my dad and relatives, they are now seeking mutual consent divorce, so that everything will be cleared quickly. Sir we came from a very simple middle middle class family, so we are afraid of the court process and all, so even my dad accepted for mutual consent so that everything will get cleared soon. Since he threatened me i dont want to go before that guy to sign on the documents. 
So i would like to know-
1. Since we both didn't have any s*xual relationship, Does this case come under Mutual consent divorce or Marriage Annulment?
2. Is there any possibility that i can prepare power of attorney and send to my dad, by giving power of Attorney to my dad, so that he can sign and clear the things on my behalf. If necessary i also can send my dad a video call recording as a proof of giving him power of attorney.
Please give me good suggestion sir.


 3 Replies

Anish Thakur 7018812737 (advocate)     18 October 2014

Dear Querist , dont get afraid from such b*st*rd cheaters, law is very powerfull against such cruelities.As you said that marriage has not consumated then it is not a valid marriage and just go for marriager annulment it will help you in making future relationship also as the thing will come into record.You have appear personally and dont get afraid as you are going to face him in the court and if he do any such thing to you in court he can also be sent to jail for such act.You can also file for annulment where you are presently residing.Just contact some expert family lawyer. And feel free to call if you face any threatening or harassment from them.Just dont tolerate all these things , dont feel weak just recognize yourself and power of being a women as women is the most powerfull creature made by the god, No person is so strong that he can distroy his origin. Feel the power inside you and dont feel frustated and dipressed ever. We have so many laws for you , the thing is you only have to know them and fire them on those who are trying to make your life hell. 

1 Like

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     18 October 2014

In your case you have to file case for annulment of your marriage instead of mcd , you cannot file mcd before completion of one year of your marriage , you can also file criminal case against him u/s 495/34ipc.
1 Like

SuperHero (Manager)     20 October 2014

Please go through the lawyers advise. You should go for Annulement.

Also after filing MCD it will take 6 months time..

There might be a question. During those 3 days didn't have any s****l relationship or not?

Don't be afraid or tensed or get depressed. They have cheated you. You can fight back.

Have Patience, Tolerance and HOPE..

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register