Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SANJEEV SRIVASTAVA (LAWYER)     31 July 2010

MEANING OF LAST DRAWN SALARY

Dear ALL

In my notice period it is written that ou have to give three months notice to company else a sum equivalent to 3  months gross remuneration payable by company to the employee calculated on the basis of the remuneration last paid by comp. to employee.

And somewhere it is also written as 3 months gross remuneration calculated at the rate of remuneration drawn during the last month.

What wold be last drawn salary if i take leave and draw a salry only 25000 instead of 50000 and after receiving salary gives notice to company.

Thanks in advance

Learning

8 Replies

sanjay kumar (BE/ LLM in Corporate Laws)     04 August 2010

The Salary consists of the following heads :-

1. Gross Payment  2. Deductions   3. Nett Payment.

If you take a leave, your Gross Salary will remain unchanged. The deductions on account of leave will be shown in the deduction head.

So, even if you take leave for full 30 days, your gross remuneration head will not change. Only the Deduction & Nett Payment Head will change.

1 Like

aruna kale   28 December 2021

HII SIR

MY BASIC  WITHDRWAN SALARY IS 22000.00  AND COMPANY GIVEN US 70%  SALARY.

SO CAN I CALCULATE MY SALARY ON 70% OR MY GROSS BASIC SALARY OF 22000. MY CREDITED SALARY IS 15400.00 IN BANK .HOW CAN I CALCULATE OF MY GRATUITY CALCULATION. 

Gwyneth   16 February 2022

If you are being dismissed from your job or made redundant you may have certain entitlements including notice and pay for annual leave built up but not taken.

This is a checklist of what your employer must give you when you leave work:

Pay that you are owed for work you have done – see ‘Pay’ below
Payslip – showing your gross pay and any deductions. 
Payment for annual leave which you have earned but not taken – see ‘Holiday pay’ below
Payment instead of notice if you have not worked your notice period – see ‘Notice’ below
Information about what happens to your pension scheme if applicable

Suri   07 March 2022

CTC is cost to company

Basic is 30–50% of fixed pay and 12% of the basic is deducted as EPF. 

Net take away: is the final amount after all deductions also known as last drawn salary (or current Drawn salary)

jamelipz   17 April 2023

Within the notice period you can consider the factors. If you take leave, your Gross Salary will not change. If you fully comply with the rules, you will not be deducted any arising fees. Those are clearly split across Gross Payments fleeing the complex, Deductions and Net Payments.

Ritesh Maity (Labour Law Advocate)     21 April 2023

In your case, last drawn salary is to be considered as rate of last drawn monthly wages

So if your salary is Rs.50,000 per month and you worked for only 15 days in your last month, you will only get Rs.25,000/- for the last month (for 15 days salary) but for the purpose of calculation of last drawn salary, your salary for the entire month (i.e. Rs.50,000/-) would be considered. 

Even you take leave for 15 days, still the salary would required to be calculated on the basis of 30 days.

1 Like

P. Venu (Advocate)     21 April 2023

The posting suggests that the querist very well aware of the answer! Anyhow, learned advocate Shri Ritesh Maitey has provide the right suggestion.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     25 April 2023

you need to show your employment contract to some lawyer.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register