Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Utt (Housewife)     30 June 2014

Mcd and cheque bounce

Dear forum, 

I am appearing in 3 days for the final date (18 months over ) hearing of the MCD.....husband agreed to pay settlement and divorce will be granted upon payment. No payment till date...I have presented a cheque 2 days ago as it was expiring and I know by Tom it will not be honoured. He has given me another cheque dated final date of petition.... That I can hold onto cheque and agree to divorce. I took the cheque and refused to sign or accept his false claim that I will agree to divorce...  I am holding the cheque dated final date of 18 months whereupon the validity of MCD lapses .what are my chances of ever claiming money? Can I I bank the second cheque that he has given me that I have in my hand? So I can have two bounce cheque cases? I want the alimony....he is a trickster...

What do I do? I have no money, no family support, a grave illness that does not permit me to work . What are my possibilities if he does not agree to a new MCD. I have agreed to a new MCD if he adds more solid tangible property as security....he is refusing.... Pls advice...urgently....I have a couple of days only. 

Learning

3 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     30 June 2014

you give a complaint to the magistrate where your MCD  filed. You can file criminal complaint for cheque bounce case and file civil suit for recovery of money. Consult local lawyer. He guides you for filing suits.

Utt (Housewife)     30 June 2014

Thank u for your reply....MCD filed in Hyd and cheque bounce in chennai where I reside....should I present the second cheque also on last day of existing MCD .....also what r options in hope of settlement and divorce? 

R Trivedi (advocate.dma@gmail.com)     01 July 2014

"husband agreed to pay settlement and divorce will be granted upon payment."

There is no applicability of S.138 here. Both of you will be harassed with no result at the end.

So consult a good family lawyer, and see what you get out of your husband. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register