30% OFF on all Law Courses until 10th of July. Enroll Now. Use Code: July30
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Law abiding citizen   15 July 2015

Matrimonial terrorism

  • Hello,
  • My wife in anger has in presence of her parents in anger threatened to kill the me and my mother...This got recorded... Also, she has told bad words (gaali in hindi) for me, MIL and FIL in presence of her parental family. The gali was the FIL is bho*di ka. Also, she said that husband does not have gha*d me dum. Aab main husband ki gha*d maroongi. These are also recorded.
  • These are apart from the bad mouthing that the wife has been spreading to husbands neighbors which is also recorded.
  • Also wife has done several small talks with neighbors and her own family which demeans husband and his parents reputation.
  • All these are apart from wife’s attempts/threats to kill her self and torturing the husband mentally stating that he is good for noting. wife now says that the husband and in-laws are responsible for her attempts. Psychiatric treatment was started but the wife discontinued it and refused to take medications and counselling. The in-laws are also found to be equally negative and short tempered.
  • I want a divorce. But the wife and her parental family is not ready to give it. On the contrary they threaten that not only me even my family will have to face dire consequences,
  • should the husband file for criminal complaint for threatening to kill, attempting to tarnish image ?
  • can these be sufficient for considering as cruelty? Also, can these be considered sufficient to divorce?


 3 Replies

Prasad (Systems Engineer)     15 July 2015

Hi Law Abiding Citizen,


I can understand the pain that you are going through.


You are not alone.


You are one of the hundreds of husbands that are going through same pain right this minute across India.


Here is my suggestion.


Indian marital law is fully one sided and blindly supports women.


So, do not take any legal steps first from your side.


It is very difficult to prove cruelty and you will waste lots of years in court.


Save all the voice recording proofs of her atrocity.


If possible, try to get video recording as well.


Then send a registered letter to your wife and in-laws about all the pain that you are going through.


Indicate all the attempts that you made to save marriage and about part of the proof that you have against their atrocity.


Mention all instances with date/tiem when she threatened you and when your in-laws threatened you.


Ask them to settle the matters amicably and help you to lead a peaceful matrimonial life.


Then send a lawyer notice [not a court notice] as well.


Then give time for them to change for good.


Give as much time as required till they come back to you or they take any legal step.


Then you can respond.


It may take months but worth the wait rather than taking hurried legal actions which will all benefit only your wife.

She will get away with lot of money from you and waste your precious years of life.


Take it from me that they can never put you in jail as new supreme court guidelines prevents unjustified arrests.


Never ever respond angrily to your wife or her parents.


But record all their conversations.


And finally, if you have completely lost all love and trust on your wife, then pursue for MCD - mutual consent divorce.


You never file for divorce first. You will suffer a lot.


The members of this forum and I wish that your matrimonial disputes are solved sooner and you are able lead a happy life as a couple.



1 Like

Law abiding citizen   15 July 2015

Thanks for the response....

wife is left at her mothers place...from there she is spreading bad publicity about us. after all the worst experiences; i don't want to stay with her, no matter what i have to do. her intentions are evil. i have evidence of the same where in she said that she will pass on all the ornaments to her parental family once she barges in the house.

i have been requesting for a mutual consent divorce for which they are not ready.

she keeps on threatening to return back. this is happening since last 2 years. also she is not ready to take back her belongings despite of me asking her to take it back.

because of the anticipation that she will barge in the house, I have taken another place on rent. This is to ensure that she cannot trouble my parents by forceably staying with them.

should my parents (senior citizens) take a stay from city civil court restraining us to enter their property?

In case she files false complaints u/s 498A, what steps should i take?

SuperHero (Manager)     15 July 2015

Prasad has given good advice.

If you want to leave the headache as soon as possible start bargaining. The moment you say the word MONEY, they will tell the amount, you negotiate or bargain like in a fish market and make them agree for MCD. 

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query