LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

dg (house wife)     05 April 2015

Married daughter claiming partition

A self acquired property of my father and mother in joint name. Mother died 15 years back. we are one sister married and one brother also married. Father wants to give away the total property to my brother without giving me any as a discrimination to girl child. 

How can he transfer his share to my brother?

How can I claim partition after my father's demise?


 2 Replies

Adv S K Gupta (Advocate High Court)     05 April 2015

If your father is a alive he can do so by making a will or transferring it as of today. If he is dead than you will get share, contact with full details at skg2608@yahoo.com

Kumar Doab (FIN)     05 April 2015



You are in which state ,…. property is Agriculture or Non agriculture…….What was the personal faith of deceased e.g. Hindu………………..and death has occurred in which month/year?

Until father becomes owner of Mother's share he can't give it away. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register