LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

saira (---)     22 June 2024

maintenance non payment by owner of flat in building which is not registered as society/RWA

what is the remedy if an owner of flat in building is not paying maintenance , but is enjoying all the facilities like water/electricity/lift the cost of other owners.
The building is not registered as society nor RWA.
can we disconnect their water supply ?
How should we go about , please advise .


 1 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     23 June 2024

What is the bylaw on this. 

Even though the association is an unregistered body and no doubt it cannot sue nor be sued, as the association is handling the maintenance of essential amenities on the basis of contributions from all members,  the association can decide to disconnect the water supply provided it is not a municipal water supply connection. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register