LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Arindam (Manager)     16 November 2013

Legal notice to employer and copy to all current emplyees

I am planning to send a legal notice to an employer through email (scanned copy as an attachment). To build an pressure I am also planning to keep ALL current employees in a CC (Carbon Copy) list.

In the later phase I am also thinking of  sending copy of legal notice to the clients of that company to convey the message that they are dealing with an organization following unethical business practices.

Legally is it OK to do this? Is there any legal consequences of this on my case?

Learning

5 Replies

Hardeep (Business)     16 November 2013

Unless you are VERY sure of your facts and grounds I'd advise against  these actions.

And the only way you can be really sure is if a Court has adjudicated upon the matters in issue after considering the  evidence presented and a Judgement awarded, clearly setting out the reasons for the same  .

Court records, BTW, are in the " public domain " and then can readily be accessed/cited by anyone.

Otherwise you may easily open yourself to suits for defamation. On a more practical side, you would caution your current / future colleagues, clients as well as prospective employers against you . If you could do it once, you can do it again and no one wants adverse publicity.

Just my thoughts. Request Senior friends to comment.

Arindam (Manager)     16 November 2013

Mr. Hardeep,

Thank you very much for your response.

Still, I haven't filed law suit against extremely unethical behavior of the employer. I completely understand the point you are trying to make out. The intention of sending a copy of legal notice to ALL current employees is only to make them aware that they might face similar problem in the future. I do not have any intention to involve them in legal matters.

I welcome any further thought on this.

Hardeep (Business)     23 November 2013

Just my thoughts again...

Once you send a legal notice AND you have proceeded further in the Court - that is at least a case has been instituted, then you can do as you wish, subject to the caveat that ONLY facts and not opinions are mentioned. Facts are those which you would be able to prove in a Court, if asked. . Care will still be needed not to use any Company Resources or informations  which you might have gained during your employment with the Company  ( which would also mean mail ids, I'd imagine ) ....

I'd suppose you could also put the scanned document somewhere and open it up to Social Media....but I'd still not go on this Course unless, as I said earlier, the  case has been clearly  won and facts proved/ disproved. Always remember when you point a finger at someone four are pointing right back at you !

Arindam (Manager)     29 November 2013

Mr. Hardeep,

Thank you very much for your opinion. Also, apologies for the delayed reply.

Regards,

Arindam

Guadalupe Parnell   29 March 2023

It is important to consult a qualified attorney or legal professional for any legal matters or drafting of legal notices. Just click here Driveways repairs Brisbane and learn more new ways for concrete repairs. The specific content and language of a legal notice to an employer and employees will depend on the circumstances and the applicable laws in the jurisdiction.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register