Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Raju (business)     24 May 2020

Land registration

Hi,

I have bought a corner plot in one of the layouts in a town. The road widdths at the time of buying are 40 feet on west and 30 feet on south. My registered document states the same information. After I bought the plot, the layout is adjusted somewhat and 30 feet road on south is changed to 33 feet. But, my plot stones are moved accordingly but the plot size (i.e. length and widdths) is uneffected by that. My adjacent plot sizes (which are not sold yet) are reduced due to increased road widdth. As I mentioned, my registered document states 30 feet road instead of 33 feet road. Is this a problem? If this is a problem, how to handle this situation?

Best Regards,
Raju

Learning

5 Replies

R.Ranganathan (Advocate)     24 May 2020

Your registered document is the legal one. What is mentioned in the said document will stand good in the courts. Otherwise you will have to rectify it by way of a registered rectification deed.

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     24 May 2020

You shall get a rectification for the changes in measurements (one side).  Otherwise, it will be a problem.

P. Venu (Advocate)     26 May 2020

In my understanding changes in the boundaries subsequent to the registration need not be any consequence. Such changes are routine everyday affair.

Raju (business)     01 June 2020

Thank you all for the replies. If the rectification deed is to be registered, how early or late I should do it? I bought the land in Dec 2019. Do I have to be present at the registrar office for rectification deed?

R.Ranganathan (Advocate)     01 June 2020

It is always better and prudent to get the rectification deed done at the earliest since you need the seller to sign the deed.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register