LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sukesh Jvs   08 June 2020

Land documents are on my elder brother's, name

We are four sons to my father. My elder brother had bought the land. 40 years ago my father had constructed house in half of my brother's land. Except him rest of we 3 are living in the house. In 1996 we 3 have given money for the the value of entire land and for the portion they have right. At that time my elder brother had signed on the 10 rupees stamp paper. After few years without our consent he registered rest of the half land on his son's name. They betrayed us. Not want to go back to them to get our portions registered. If we want to have the registration to our portions, they are asking to give the portion. My elder brother is died and his wife is again asking us to get the portion. My father had just constructed only one room. We have constructed extra 3 rooms each in total they are 12 now. My elder brother's family not even have a single rupee in the remodeling of the house.

We have been paying house tax and water tax
since so long time for more than 20 years. House and water taxes are on my name. How can we register our portion of houses?

Learning

1 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     08 June 2020

You said that your brother had bought land and on that land, your father constructed the house in half of the land.  So as your brother bought the land he is the owner of that land though your father constructed the house in half of the land.  Your brother signed on Rs.10/- stamp paper some years back, it is not valid.  You said, your brother registered the rest of the half of the land in his sons' name.  Your brother has the right to do as he wishes.  so amicably settle the issue with other siblings and your brother's family with elders and well-wishers of your family.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register