LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Narayan (Software developer)     24 November 2016

Joint bank account

I have Joint Saving Bank account with my friend ( No blood relation).

after 10 year I went bank to separate me from this joint account , but bank says Joint saving account can be open between family members only , So it is mistake from their side.

and Now they are not separating me from this account , they says if they separate me from this account their will be enquiry  and bank official will be in trouble. 

So they are not separating me from this account..Please let me know what legal action can I take about bank as they are not separating me from this account.

 5 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     24 November 2016

Signature of both are required to close/amend  the account.

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     24 November 2016

You and your friend go to Bank and close the account as already advised the expert sri Kumar Doab sir

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     25 November 2016

You  and you r frienhd close  the old   Joint account account  and open an account in your  name transferring all  the amounts  or credi     balances lying   in the old accoun t to new account.Your problem is  resolved.If you appreciate thsi  answer please convey my forum  thnaks by clicking m thanks.

3 Like

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     25 November 2016

The assumption of the Bank officer is not correct.  Just issue a Regd. notice, requesting the bank to stop all transactions in the account, and treat your name in the joint account as withdrawn, and inform that all further transactions permitted are at the risk and responsibility and they can not bind you from the date of receipt of this notice and that you have no objections for permitting the amount standing in the credit to the other joint account holder Shri...............  

Your responsibility ends at this point.   Whether the account remains or closed is not your concern.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     25 November 2016

As suggested by Mr. Prasad: submit letter under proper acknowledgment.

Narrate on dated..............Mr/Ms..............declined to accept your instructions in person, and act on your instructions.


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query