LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ANIL KUMAR DHIMAN (Software engineer)     26 September 2016

Is telling the truth punishable under law

A female friend of mine was in a relation with a guy for 1.5years. They were together for all this time. But my female friend then broke up with the guy for no reason. When the guy enquired about all these things he got to know that the girl was with some other guy and cheated on him. 

So my question is, does the guy has any legal grouds to file a case against the girl?

Also, now the guy is telling the truth to everyone about all the things they did when they were together. So is it illegal because all that he says is true? Can an action be taken againt him to stop doing so? It can cost my friend a marriage praposal.

if it is illegal, how can my female friend proceed with the legal formalities?

Learning

5 Replies

@martin Sujay,

Can you avoid the sarcasm and please be of some help. And i am friend of the girl and not the guy.

Rohit Subbayya (Advocate)     26 September 2016

This is a Law Forum. Unless there is some evidence, apart from 'he said that, she said that' - there can be no recourse in law. They entered into a relationship as consenting adults and they ended it themselves. What he told someone and with whom she cheated etc., are not crimes. 

1 Like

When the guy tells the supposed husband of my friend that they were physically involved which she has been hiding. So we have the proof that guy told about the girl but thats the truth. Can this be punishable under law. Forgive me for these silly questions, i hv no idea of how laws work in this case

anil   26 September 2016

for pre marital enjoyment there is no punishment for girl , but boy has to give money in terms of maintainenece. girl has to prove that she was in live-in relation.

girl can file rape case , if consent is not given for tom tom :) , but again its difficult to prove.

new man (girls hubyy can't do anything if he got to know past of bullsh*t girl , but life will become measurable of girl if hubby not accepting , then girl will shart blackmailing to this guy using mental crueltiy and bla bla ... there is possibility girl can go back to lover in future so its better to avoid bullsh*t girl who lost her virginity before marriage , and then she avoided boy also)

so y its only for enjoyment that girl / boy did tom tom , and now both going to exploit new targets if they not telling their past to future partner.

so its better to tell past ,if new person accepting it then fine else it is called cheating , in this way sunny leone is far better then this boy or girl , atleast everyone knows her and then still loves her and her movie ,

and remember : once cheater always cheater. so avoid these type of persons in life who can put down their pants in front of anyone and then putting up pants and tell I do not have done anything wrong.

what is the gurentee that after marraige pant will not go down to next. or third or fourth or so on persons...

so prostitute / pimp are far better then people who lie their past and play with an inocent family.

I m sure a new hubby will face 498a very soon ....

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     27 September 2016

Whatever are the consequences the girl too is equally responsible for the happennings.If it was a secret affair nothing to bother or worry and if was an open affair some thought has to be given for the verbal propaganda by the male friend.Unless and until there are no valid evidential proofs she need not worry.Even to file a criminal case for character assasination against him has to be done so with evidences.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register