LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Puneet (Victim)     16 April 2013

Is indian sc responsible for petty cases like divorce

Once i had due respect to Indian SC and thought they are the highest courtin India and the judges sitting there are responsible for high profile cases and giving the best judgements.

I am ashamed and shocked to see that the judges sitting in SC are giving judgements on divorce cases and problems between husband and wife.Is this not the job if lower courts,is Indian SC responsible for cases of thefts,pickpockets,divorce and street fights.

I read this news Supreme Court asks man to pay wife Rs 50k to fight divorce case.

Learning

10 Replies

Manish Udar (www.Mehnat.IN)     16 April 2013

This is a rare case.

Ranee....... (NA)     16 April 2013

What according to you should SC decide? Are scam of huge money by politicians are not 'theft'? A divorce case decided by SC becomes a established formula to decide similar cases by lower courts. About maintenance court fixes the amount according to husband's earnings because wife has right to live in the same standard as husband do!

stanley (Freedom)     16 April 2013

Originally posted by : Ranee.......
About maintenance court fixes the amount according to husband's earnings because wife has right to live in the same standard as husband do!

Oh My Gosh Jhansi ki Ranee 

What if husband has gone bankrupt and become a beggar and leads this life ...than should it not be that wife should follow same standard as husband :-) 

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     16 April 2013

no court intervenes inbetween husband and wife suo motto, as far as divorce / RCR / any civil dispute is concerned.

the hierarche from trial court - appeallate court - HC and then lastly SC is followed by the parties themselves.

further, higher courts entertain the appeal only if there are merits, imp. law points & public policy involved in that particular case

more wrong are the USERS and not the SYSTEM.

most of the ppl do not know how to use what.

Ranee....... (NA)     16 April 2013

everything ends in metrowife. lol credit goes to tajob..

(Guest)

ROTFL

How can a court be responsible for petty cases like divorce?

Who asked you to marry in the first palce

Who asked you to have difference of opinion in the first place

One cannot tell that this about the court and its decisions/orders.

Problem lies with people getting married.

If each couple would have been good to each other, come what may, what was even the need for a court or a police station to come in between husband and wife?

Infact, I had a discussion with a magistrate long back, about biased laws etc, and the magistrate told only thing, who the hell did ask for these fellas to get married, even if they did, why did they get to such a point where they had to go to a police station to register a case etc.  Problem lies within couples, not the court.  Court just accepts any application which comes to it and looks into the matter.

Even my take on the subject is the same.  When you make things so worse that you land up in court, even if you do, part ways as gentleman, not as street beggars.  Why blame the court???

Cannot blame court, be it HC or SC.

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     17 April 2013

i have personally attended so many court dates till now.

25 dates of CJSD court - case filed by me

12 dates of JMFC court - case filed by me

2 dates of JMFC court - 498a filed by wife.

during all this time, i observed that the preciding officer is ALL the time busy reading something / listening to somebody, always over croweded by litigants.

only break during the whole day is 2.30 - 3.00.

what more can one expect ?

sometimes i wonder, just how the PO manages his tranquility !

its the litigants who over-burdon the judiciary.

courts never intentionally delay any matter.

its one or the other party who asks for adjournment on frivolous grounds.

system is Good - MISUSE by some litigants makes it appear adverse

and mostly, the party who is at fault, tries to drag, delay, adjourn the matter.

TGK REDDI (No designation)     29 April 2015

"Marriage was invented by an unimaginative pig."         These are the true words of Einstein.

Men unwisely court disaster by marrying.       I don't see any necessity wedlock.        Man worries like anything because of his wife.       But no sooner the dies than he marries another.      The trap lures.       People don't let live a man without wife.      Woman doesn't let live her husband.

Socrates appears to be wiser than us.      He had said 2000 years before Einstein that the Institution of Marriage had to be done away with.

Now is the time for us to realise the futility the Institution of Marriage, 

Pardon me.     Insert 'of' after necessity and 'wife' before dies.

Pardon me.  Insert  ' of '  after wedlock and ' wife ' before dies.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register