interest for delayed delivery of apartment

Dear sir,

i bought an apartment in resale from a distressed investor in March 2016. The builder was supposed to deliver the flat as per the investor’s agreement in December 2016 but the building OC was not in place. On jan 12, 2018 the builder has sent an unsigned copy of what he claims is the OC of the project. He is also refusing to pay the interest for the delay which was clearly mentioned in the agreement with the original buyer at 9 percent after Dec 2016. 

My question is what protection do I have under the law especially RERA? Can I get The RERA body to intervene and if so how do I go about it?




All the building projects do not come under the purview of RERA.

Therefore first check up  whether the project in question comes under RERA's purview.  Take appropriate steps after so checking.


Service providers

In case the project (1) has not been given completion certificate (2) 60% sale deeds have not been executed (3) Resident welfare association has not been formed , the project whether registered or unregistered is within preview of RERA.

In that case plaintiff can certainly apply for relief.


You may go to consumer forum for redressal if it is happening with everybody the you may file a class action petition there

Adv. Nitish Banka

Practicing Advocate Supreme Court of India



The affected parties may join hands and consider Class Action Suit.

Show the case related docs to a very able senior LOCAL counsel of unshakable repute and integrity specializing in consumer matters and having successful track record for a considered opinion…




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



IPC Grand Course     |    x