Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Inheriting father's property

Page no : 2

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     30 March 2020

If your mother's sister in law is the defendant then your mother mother should be the plaintiff, i.e., your mother only has filed the partition suit?

If so did she not seek injunction at the time of filing the suit for partition?

You should not give piece meal information.

If you want proper opinion then you should narrate the background facts so that you are not misguided by vague opinions. 

sukumaran R   30 March 2020

thanks for guiding...yes my grandmother is the plaintiff. No we did not seek injunction at the time of filing the suit because my grandmother did not agree for it at that time...

If your mother is having a share in the property then she can very well file an injunction petition even at this stage in order to prevent the defendant from letting out the property on lease or alienating the property till the disposal of the main suit because the property belongs to everyone and not only to her. 

sukumaran R   30 March 2020

thanks for your advice sir...we will approach lawyer based on this..hats off to your service sir...😊

You are always welcome for your appreciations. 

P. Venu (Advocate)     31 March 2020

The facts posted are less than convincing. You are playing hide and seek with the facts. What prevents you  from posting comprehensive material facts instead posting facts, that too, irrelevent and inconsistent, in bits and pieces rendering the participants in this public forum incapable of offering any meaningful suggestion. The foollowing aspects are material and elementary, unless this is purely an academic issue:

1. Who had been the owner of the property - was it ancestral or self-acquired -if ancestral, how?

2. Who are the legal heirs - was the property left intestate, i.e. no Will was executed?

3. Was any partition deed(s) or settlement deed(s) executed?

4. Why the grandmother, not your mother has filed the partition suit? Why your mother is not even a defendant?

It is amtter within your deiscretion to provide the requisite information. But kindly avoid misleading information.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register