LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Amit Nagavi   18 January 2022


Hello sir/ma'am
I have been lately thinking about what happens when a woman (a stranger or a friend) physically assaults us without any provocation of force, what ways can we protect ourselves? can we stop her from hurting us? can we hold her hands and stop it? can we hit her as a defence to stop her (I have heard that any method of defence against women is a crime and we can go to jail).

Also i want to know the same when a woman abuses a man without provocation.

Why am I asking this question?
Recently i came accross an incident where a woman got into an auto and started smoking. when the auto driver told her to not do it, she started abusing and slapping him telling how can he stop a woman.

Also, i am trying to educate my friends and colleagues about the rights of men. Or shall I say Human being rights.

Please give me detailed knowledge.
I will be very grateful.

Thank you


 1 Replies

Megha   18 January 2022


Please note that currently there are no laws in India whoch specifically aimat protection of men, unlike severall women centric laws such as the Domestice Violence Act, 2005.    

However, if a man has been falsely accused or a false complaint has been filed against him, he can consider filing a case under section 182 of the Indian Penal Code, 1806 (IPC) for false complaint. 

If the compaint relates to a cognizable offence, consider applying for an Anticipatory bail.

Best regards,

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register