LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sole (NA)     21 December 2015

Income tax demand

I have received demand for tax from the department, though my income was below taxable limits and I was due TDS refund. The main problem is that I cannot recall whether I had filed the return for applicable year or not. My online tax account shows no such filing. Is there anyway I can retrieve offline filing from the department? How should I proceed?

Thanks

Learning

3 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     22 December 2015

Visit income tax department. There are several counters for helping to the visiters. You can say your PAN card number. Every details will you by checking your account.

Advocate Vipin Raturi Delhi (ADVOCATE )     22 December 2015

Dear !

First of all should have come to know which Section you have received the Demand Notice under the Income Tax Act. There after visited you e-filing account, know which type this demand you have. If you don't know in your account visited the Income Tax Ward with appropreitate letter asked copy of demand your concern ward officer. There after you can file the approprieate reply or return against your demand.  

Vipin Raturi

Advocate

GANDHI MOHAN BHARATI (Pensioner)     22 December 2015

I agree with Mr.Rama chary Rachakonda. Kindly visit the IT Office and even the enquiry counter will help you. If Not meet the AO who issued the demand and he will help you. You will be in for surprise at the kind way IT Department treats you. There may be very few exceptions. But my experience from last year at CHENNAI has been one of really happy appreciation. I had alll info including that of  regarding the AO just by saying the PAN.

There is no way to retrieve manually filed ITRs on the website.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register