LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

RANJAN DEY CHOUDHURY (SO-II)     20 December 2009

in laws influence

first of all i thanks all in advance, because its a family dispute, so i need legal advice to survive myself .

my question is that I am a middle calls men in a distress that I am facing  domestic problems day by day. I am married and i have one girl child aged about 8 years. My wife in one other pretext  creating problems in daily issues. Sometimes stopped talking and became rude. starts irrevalent  talks as she is getting so called  good guidance from her parents as they are nowadays become rich on moneytary ground . she always threaten to me she will leave my house but when i insist on divorce she stopped to say anything. nowadays our relation is in bad taste i am ready to divorce her at any cost . I do everything to satisfy  but everything well in vain. I want to live for myself  not for others, because my marriage is a arranged marriage on the choice of my parents. I have even no relation with my wife in family just as a earner of the family and she enjoys the life. my in laws are always instigate her with the plea that your marriage has completed more than 10 years and the question of divorce not arise. I am in a great duress and want divorce and also assure that I will not claim child's custody.I am very much ignorant about law. please guide me and enlighten me so that I can file suit accordingly as i am totally fed up . Because I thought I have a life and it cannot be sent in water.

I shall be great enough and remain ever grateful if anybody is guide me properly about rule and laws.

Thanks a lot. 

ranjan C

Learning

1 Replies

Devajyoti Barman (Advocate)     21 December 2009

Yours have really a very sad story. If you have decided to get divorce from her then you have to file a suit for divorce on the ground of mental cruely. If your wife has taken the child with her then you can file another case for child custody and the success of that case would mostly depend upon the preference of the child. However once you file a suit for divorce then there is a possibility of backlash in the form of criminal proceedings like u/s 498A IPC or under Domestic Violence Act, for which there is a way of protection.

Best of luck.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register