LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rohan (manager)     16 March 2013

I m not interested in appearing for hearing.

my wife filed 498, and dv, i ahve got the notice from ... and i dont want to go for the hearing or mediation, as i have missed intentally the first hearing... as i asked one of the lawyer, if i do not appear in the court, so my wife out of frustration will give me divorce and i will be free easily without alimony.

i want to get rid of my wife and dont want to pay her... tell me...

wht could be the consequences, if i or my lawyer intentially misses all the hearing...? or wht other actiion my wife can take against me... ???


 2 Replies

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     16 March 2013


Thinking that if you do not appear in the court, then your wife will get frustrated and shall give you divorce without alimony, is a wrong line of thinking. There are legal ways available to your wife to compel your appearance in the court.

Consequences of non appearance in s.498A case:- The court will issue non bailable warrant against you....then the police will arrest you and produce you before the court....!!

Consequences of non appearance in DV case:- The court can issue warrant against you to secure your presence if it deems fit. The court may pass ex parte orders against you in respect of reliefs claimed by your wife from you, which may make you pay her more than what you might have expected ... !!

The sensible way is to appear in the court with a good advocate and contest the case properly.

3 Like

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     17 March 2013

You do not want to go to CAW. Which husband wants to go there bny the way?


You do not want to go to court.  OK.  As adviose bny Ms Archana the3re will be NBW agianst you.  You will not be spending on transport to go to court.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query