LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nancy (ABC)     06 March 2011

Husband missing since 2 months

I got married 2 years back,though it was arranged marriage,mother in law was never in favour and guy is mammas boy ,so inspite of all my efforts has left me along since last 2 months,all my attempts to talk with him have failed,has switched off his mobile phobe ,his parents dnt give me his alternate no,has filed complaint for me in with SHO that i shall register false cases and should not be entertained and also also filed divorce case .Please suggest what should i do????


 34 Replies

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     06 March 2011

@ Author

1. Most safest advise is that it is still not late to file a HCP before State's HC. Direction will be passed to Jurisdiction Police ot produce your Husband before Hon'ble HC and from there you march on and further legal advise may be guided once you may reply us of the outcome of HCP.

2. Hire a ld. Advocate from HC and he will guide you on HCP.



Roshni B.. (For justice and dignity)     06 March 2011

Immediately engage a lawyer to fight the divorce case.


It's not so easy to get the divorce,esp. if he has no strong grounds.


You said your MIL does not like you and it's an arranged marriage too!


Would you like to share the reasons of her dislike?And why your husband is behaving awkwardly with you?

1 Like

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     06 March 2011

You have to appear in the case.  You can also file an application seeking maintenance and advocate fees in the said case.

If you have kids then file a suit for partition thru., your children seeking share in the in the shre  of your husaband in the ancestral properties.

1 Like

Kiran Kumar (Lawyer)     06 March 2011

you may file Habeas Corpus petition in HC with appropriate allegations against your in laws so that immediate presence of your husband can be procured 


otherwise you may petition for Restitution of Conjugal Rights also.


seek maintenance also.

1 Like

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     06 March 2011

" and guy is mammas boy"


Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     06 March 2011

please read WIFE'S instead of WIFE'.

Kiran Kumar (Lawyer)     06 March 2011

Arup Ji is very good contributor here and has invited a lot of thumbs up gestures.


but here I am in disagreement with him on use of certain words.


Mamma's boy and Wife's pet are not good expressions to be used.....not all the marriages are disputed.


I would rather request let the approach shall be to save the marriage.


I am not saying that all the males are innocent or all the famles are innocent....every one has his/ her own story and the actual truth is known to the fighting parties only.


A boy is also to make balance between two relationships.


both mother and wife are essential....but keeping in veiw the human behaviour a bit of dischord is likely to be there....and unfortunately more we are developed and educated more are the disputes now.


calling a Husband as a Wife's pet is quite derogatory.


3 Like

Nancy (ABC)     06 March 2011

i dont want to fight with him court ,is it essential for me to fo to court where he has filed divorce case ,is there any way out i can avoid this and get my husband thogh my inlaws have categorically set it in family meeting that there is not even one percent chance and they dont want us to stay toghther but i dnt want to spoil my life

DR.SANAT KUMAR DASH (Eye Specialist)     06 March 2011

File    a   Habeas   Corpus    Petition     in    the    Hon'ble    HIGH COURT     of      u'r    STATE    through     a    Good     Lawyer.   It    will      be    better     for      I     think.

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     06 March 2011

" calling a Husband as a Wife's pet is quite derogatory"

--  " and guy is mammas boy", it is not derogatory?

a balanced behaviour expected.

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     06 March 2011

" since last 2 months,all my attempts to talk with him have failed," --  it is not a matter of hebaus corpus. the person infact available but does not like to appear before the author.

wrong advice.

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     06 March 2011

ms nancy,

please check the following advices by ms roshni b,

" Would you like to share the reasons of her dislike?

And why your husband is behaving awkwardly with you? "

my suggestion is

1) in reply to his divorce petition, you request the court for reconciliation. the court will arrange it.

2) pray rcr alongwith maintenance on the same court where divorce case proceeds.

3) the word " guy is mammas boy", clearly indicates -- what the behaviour he received from you. leave this practice of pinching words, it detoriates the relationship. (def)     06 March 2011

I agree wid Arup & Roshni b!

Nobody wants to spoil his amrriage at the drop of hat. Plz soul-search urself, what was wrong BTW u both. Mere telling that he is MAMMA'S BOY, urs being arranged marriage, why that Mamma will advise her son to leave u?? He is annoyed due to some severe hurt, u may be knowing better.

Its easy to spoil the marriage than to retain it. If some mistakes are there, its better to admit these, rather than entering a long legal battle. Every new attack from ur side will increase the gap btw u both. Why u dont want to go to court. The judge will give both of u ample oportunity to rehabilitate & talk on level playground. I hope if u talk to him & try to address the real issues behind the dispute, the solution will come.

Filing RCR is good gesture if u really want to save the marrige.

Roshni B.. (For justice and dignity)     06 March 2011

if the husband neglects his wife and her feelings for him OR treats her cruelly at the behest of his parents he is called a mama's boy only.

even if the word is derogatory,it is derogatory for men who cant accept the above reality.

after marriage a boy is expected to behave as an adult and treat the wife also as a human being.but many indian men want to remain tied to their mummies' apron strings who may provoke him against the wife multiple times,owing to jealousy.

so,for such men these terms are used.

if there are marital problems,men run to their parents or find a girl friend or start drinking which is again very immature.


why cant they look for other options like marriage counselling to help their marriages survive?


their parents are also reponsible who never let them grow up but keep pampering them like a child instead of giving them a good gyan on how to become matured,responsible and strong enuf to take hold of things

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads


Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query