Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sapna12345 (none)     25 February 2015

How to obtain income tax details of husband

Hi

I have filed domestic violance and maintenance petitiin against my husband.

How can i obtain income tax details of my husband. I have got his pan number details.

My husband has declared that he has resugned from the job, but i know hebis working in a private firm.

Can I obtain his tax details through RTI ? If yes then what is the process to get details through RTI ?

Please suggest.

Learning

20 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     25 February 2015

Please file RTI Application to concerned CPIO, ITO of ward in which assessment of your husband is being done.

Application dt. 25th Feb,2015 seeking information under RTI Act filed

Before CPIO, Income Tax Officer, Ward No.........................(full address)

RTI fee: Rs.10/- Indian Postal order No..... fvg. Accounts Officer, ITO payable at....

Brief facts: Applicant was wife of ...........................  Her Husband is IT Assessee with PAN No......at your office.............and presently employed  at some other private company.

The photo identity showing applicant was the wife of assessee/relationship is pasted here below.

As per CIC decisions, giving information of husband is not personal information and hence not exempted.

Information Solicited:

1)Please provide me copies  of entire IT returns filed with enclosures for the last three Assessment years.

Place

Date...................Applicant.

Advocate Ravinder (Advocate/Attorney)     25 February 2015

I Agree with GLN Prasad.

(Guest)

What if someone doesn't file ITR returns intentionally or his return is below the taxable limt? How to obtain income details of such a person from his PAN number only? 

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     25 February 2015

What ever is there on record can only be provided by CPIO.  If they do not file ITR, the same information will be passed on to applicants under RTI

If he is a Govt employee, applications can be made to that Public Authority, as gross emouluments must be disclosed under Voluntary disclosure under RTI sec.4 (Not deductions)

If he is a private employee, like a College lecturer, who gets Govt. grants then also information can be secured from University or direct.

If employee is not belonging to any above three categories it is not possible to secure information except through Court.

Yes. now a days, private detectives are undertaking the jobs of getting information and several Banks are also using the services.

When there are options, without expectations one can only try as  each attempt costs just Rs.32/- only.

(Guest)

Dear Mr. Prasad,

Can you please elaborate on your statement "When there are options, without expectations one can only try as  each attempt costs just Rs.32/- only."??

How to try, where to try and what do you mean by "each attempt costs just Rs. 32", to get details of people who are in fully private jobs?

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     26 February 2015

Generally the presumption is that an employee may be filing IT Returns.

Irrespective of whether he is private or Public employee a spouse can seek such information from ITO.

The cost of RTI fee Rs.10/- Indian Postal Order.  Registration fees Rs.22/- or local speed post Rs.17

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     01 March 2015

When the individual is not filing returns nor he is an assessee then to  obtain his income will be by filing a petition through court to produce the salary slips or other documents relevant to the issue.

Madhu Mittal (Director)     28 March 2015

Respected Sir,

"Yes. now a days, private detectives are undertaking the jobs of getting information and several Banks are also using the services."

Sir, I wanted to know the place where I can get addresses or contact no. of  private detectives, so that , our defaulted borrowers who has left the places of their working can be traced out.

Thanks and Regards,

Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     28 March 2015

Search google and get a long list of detectives.

1 Like

Advocate Ravinder (Advocate/Attorney)     04 April 2015

Sharp Detectives can be reliable since it is having long standing experience.

saras   30 August 2018

Respected Sir, I followed your guidelines and applied to RTI to provide my husband's IT Returns but they said it is third party information and rejected my application

I feel helpless and Can you please guide me on What can I do to prove the actual income of my husband?

saras   30 August 2018

I applied to RTI to provide his IT Returns but they said it is third party information and rejected my application

I feel helpless and Can LAWyersclubindia please guide me on What can I do to prove the actual income of my husband?

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     30 August 2018

In some CIC decisions, as the matter is related to larger public interest (Where crime is involved) they are not objecting .

However Delhi High Court in an appeal filed by ITO ruled that such information has to be filed through process of court.  That means you have to file application and seek for such affidavit from spouse.

Later, I learnt in some High courts that filing of income affidavit as mandatory.

In your case, ask your advocate to pray court for filing of such affidavit by the spouse.d

Infact you can prolong the matter through first appeal and second appeal and it may take two years minimum to get CIC decision as present pace of disposal.

Kavitha SG (Housework)     02 December 2019

Hello Prasad Sir,

The company of my husband sent a reply to the court as he has left the job. But, I got to know that he is still in the same company.

Then I filed one application to direct the company to provide a certified copy of his resignation, experience certificate, Full and final settlement but the court refused to accept my application. Here, I would like to mention that the court is biased towards my husband.

Now, please guide me, can't I file an application to the court to get his leaving details from the company as RTI is not applicable in the private firms ?

Please advise, if any.

Thank you...

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register