LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

How to obtain income tax details of husband

Page no : 2

Sankaranarayanan (Advocate)     05 December 2019

I do agree with learned friend Prasad

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     05 December 2019

In India, there are hundreds of ways legally or illegally for getting information, explore all ways.  Your advocate is more competent to guide in an ongoing proceeding.

Though private entities are beyond the ambit of the RTI Act, one can seek information from the controlling authorities.  For example, every employee has to pay professional tax to a local authority, and you can seek such information and seek a certified copy of the professional taxpayers of that company from Professional tax authority.

Focus on the main issue rather than wasting time on trivial matters.  If you are capable entrust this to detective.

The Techies (Student)     05 December 2019

Hello Sir!

Can we get the Income Tax Returns through RTI of our every family members? Like father, mother, brother, sister? Is it allowed?

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     05 December 2019

It is not possible for a person to get the IT details of any third party including parents, siblings,children etc as it is treated as Third-party personal  Information.  There are two exceptions that can be explored, No.1:Obtain consent of that assessee 2.Establish larger public interest to the satisfaction of CPIO.

1 Like

Kiran   19 December 2019

Hello Experts,

I had filed RTI application to the Income Tax return office to get the income tax details of my husband for the last 3 years but they rejected the application by giving reference of the "Girish Ramchandra Deshpande vs Cen. Information Commr.& Ors on 3 October 2012" citation.

Please kindly refer me to any citation or provision through which I can get the Income Tax return details of my husband in the second appeal.

Thank you,,,


G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     19 December 2019

Please read earlier replies and go for first appeal with following grounds:

First Appeal dt.19th Dec,2918 under RTI Act


Before: First Appellate Authority, ............commissioner of Income tax,..................

Against: CPIO, Income Tax Officer, Ward  ..................................


Brief facts: Applicant has  on.................solicited information on her husband's income tax details in the larger public interest for his atrocities against women/wife.  CPIO has vide his letter ..................................dt. denied information without justification as to how that SC decision is applied to the case of an estranged wife a victim of atrocities.  The denial is legally not proper and justified.

Grounds for Appeal:  The information was solicited by a wife against atrocities committed by her husband, and there are no exemptions under RTI Act for providing information under larger public interest.  CPIO misinterpreted that judgment that ruling is in no way related and there are never exemptions in RTI Act for larger public information.  Atrocities against women/wife in is not in larger public interest.  As there are no exemptions, and as the citation is referred without application of mind, the denial is not legally valid.. Mere quoting a judgment is not enough, it is the burden of CPIO in what part it applies to my specific case without exemptions.

PRAYER: Please direct CPIO to provide the information as expeditiously as possible free of cost.



Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads