Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

easari srinivasa rao (construction assistant c)     11 November 2012

How to make appeal

Sir,

I am very happy about your group's valuable suggestions to the various people who were approaching to you on very tipical issues. For which your services are grateful and hereby appreciated.

I would like to request your valuable suggestion on the following desciplinary matter:

One of my union member was issued with a charge memo under Rule 14 of CCS(CCA) Rules 1965 on 20-10-12 with the charge that he did attempt to pilfer in a sack containing 14 in no. copper pipes viz., the goverment property for his personal gain from the the heap lying at substaioj No.6 & Engineering Bay Site-B boudary wall between 2030 hrs to 2050 hrs approximately on 23-05-12.vide memorandum dated `18-10-2012, handed over on 20-10-12 wherein some written statements are there as witnessess.

The competent authority had issued the charge memo on 18-10-2012 and on the same day he appointed the IO/PO vide order dated 18-10-2012 and handed over along with charge memo itself. In the charge memo the DA had directed to submit written defence statement within 10 days. The said opportunity had become useless as the DA had appointed IO/PO 
without recieving the defence statement. Therefore, the opportunity of defend the case had taken away.

However, 
the individual submitted a reply with a statement of I herewith express my unconditional and unqualified guilt because of influance of some of mangement favourers.

The IO/PO had called the individual on 25-10-2012 at about 1615hrs and asked the details of how many children are you, what are they studying, how old are they, the individual answered all that questions. Then IO taken out two typed letters and asked the individual to sign on it with an oral assuarance that nothing will happened. Accordingly, the individual had signed by thinking that he may be totally exonereted. But on 26-10-2012 he was issued with the penalty of two lower stages for a period of three years in the existing pay scale/ pay band with immediate effect under rule 11(iii)(a) of CCS(CCA) Rules 1965. 

Presently, the individual is in nervous situation and he want to contest the penalty as the penalty is giving effect of pecunary and promotion loss. But how to contest, the individual does not know. That is why, he approached me and I was forced to seek your help.

I think that an appeal has to be made firstly by explaining the entire story to the appelatte authority.

However, I need your help to save one persons pecunary/promotion loss.

(1) Shall we have the scope to contest the case? even though he pleaded guilty as we do not know what they have written in the two letter obtained individual signature.

(2) is it 
Legally valid order of penalty imposed within a span of 6 days of time for issuance of charge memo, competion of enquiry and imposition of penalty. He was not asked in writing to attend the enquiry, he was not asked about desirous of engaging of defence assistance, he was not issued the enquiry report for submission of written defence.

(3) Finally the Disciplinary authority and Inquiry Authority had not followed the prescribed procedure under rules but they might be presumed that individual pleaded guilty by taking the two letters signed by deliquent servant. Kindly exam and give suitable suggestion along with case law.

Warm greetings

Srinivasa Rao,

Learning

3 Replies

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     11 November 2012

The given facts indicate that the charge has been admitted unconditionally in response to chargesheet. The procedure laid down in rule 14 is meant for those who intend to defend and not for those who admit the charge. Even the inquiry was not needed. It appears that the inquiry was already appointed and he again repeated the guilt. 

Nothing appears to be illegal as per the facts described by you.

If someone claims to be union leader and does not understand the conduces of such action then certainly he is not fit to the bill.

IO was nobody to assure that nothing will happen. and he being union leader should have been well aware of the fact that he should not receive such promise.

The only scope left is that the appeal can be filed  (within 46 days of penalty) to the Appellate Authority on the quantum of punishment.

Such appeal will be wastage of stationalry if not drafted on professional lines by someone knowign the procedure.

raju (h)     11 November 2012

service matters the case  dismissed in 2003 in CAT in hyderabad

in limition bases

can we do some time to get need full

easari srinivasa rao (construction assistant c)     12 November 2012

Sir, thank you to reply to my querry and I accepted with you that the appeal to be made under professional line only. I need help of your group to do so. Therefore, I request you to accept to make the appeal in professional lines. If required I send the all documents and also pay the amount required for that service.

Kindly respond to my request.

Thanking you

Srinivasa rao

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register