Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Arun Mahajan (Area Sales Manager)     08 September 2012

How to change language in court

Dear sir,

My friend is from delhi while his wife is from jalandhar. the case under DV and sec 498a and other sections have been filed in jalandhar.

The problem is my friend does'nt  understand punjabi very well and all the work in court is done in punjabi. my friend is unable to understand what is happening in day to day court proceedings. Is it possible for him to make a presentation to court for change of language to be used from Punjabi to English (which is a legal language). and under what Section. kindly send some judgements from SC or P&h court in this regard if possible.

Warm Regards

Arun

Learning

3 Replies

Arun Mahajan (Area Sales Manager)     13 September 2012

dear Sir,

i want to know if there is any section due to which he can get the language changed to English ? .

stanley (Freedom)     13 September 2012

1. I understand you indirectly mean to say he does not trust his lawyer or the lawyer does not even convey to him as to what is happening or is behaving arrogant . 

2. your friend should polietly ask his advocate for a copy of all that is sumbitted in court as well as the other parties documents being filed and maintain a file . 

3. He can also ask for a translated copy of these documents in order for him to understand whats going on or get the same translated from outside . 

4. last but not the least if he is still uncomfortable he can change the lawyer and choose a better lawyer with whom he  can be comfortable with .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register