Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Raj   27 February 2016

How my father can sell his unpartitioned property?

My grandfather had 2 sons and 1 daughter. He built a first floored house and later my father and my uncle started living there. Due to some tension among them, they constructed a wall between the house and both my father and my uncle constructed 1st floor of their respective house (divided by the partition wall). My grandfather died on 2003 without any will. Grandmother is also dead. My paternal aunty got married on 1981 and lived in a separate place with her husband. Now my father want to sell his portion of the property. 
My questions are as below.
1. I heard about some amendment of property law on 2005 and later some new amendment on 2nd Nov 2015. Do my paternal aunty will also get 1/3rd of the property though my grandfather died on 2003 (before 9th sept 2005)?
2. Is it possible for my father to sell or transfer his portion of the property (he is staying right now) to someone else without consent of my uncle and paternal aunty (as per Sec.44 of the Transfer of Property Act)?
3. My father is staying in the property for more than 30 years. what are the possibilities that he can sell or transfer his property to someone else?
5.Is it possible for my father to lease his portion of the house (ground floor constructed by grandfather and 1st floor by my father) to someone else for 99 years?

Any valuable suggestions are welcome.

Thanks and Regards,
Raj

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register