I am a young girl Professor 6 Years, Married working in private degree college since past 6 months in north Karnataka. My college Principal, @ aged 55, who is harassing all the faculty including me.
Only incident was when after college ended at 5 he continued a staff meeting without tea or snack break and continued till 10 PM. At 9PM I asked how much more time the meeting is continuing, he immediately snapped back. Next morning he didn’t give me attendance register and gave me a one line letter saying YOU are relieved from Nov 30. Since then he is harassing me, on some pretext or another.
- Can he terminate me without giving notice and explanation and hearing from me?
- He is told other staff that I will see that you will not get job anywhere else.
- He is spreading all lies about my personal life, saying silly abusive things about my character.
- Just because I asked when the meeting will end, He is spreading all lies that I am arrogant and abusive.
- He is spreading lies that my teaching is pathetic, while my students love me for my professional attitude and teaching.
- He is assigning me work with unrelated office jobs, none connected with my Job profile.
- He abuses me and other staff with filthy language and also says women should stay at home.
- During all such mental harassment I have had a miscarriage.
He has similarly harassed previous Females’ faculty and got away with it.
Now what are my options?
- Women’s Commission
I need the job right now.
Please do help