LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

vivek verma (engineer)     29 February 2012

Hindu muslim marriage

Dear Sir/Mam 's

I am working in a PSU and I am a hindu boy. I love a girl who is muslim. Our families are against our love. If we go for registrar marriage a letter will come to our homes and then there is a possibility that girls parents may file case etc against me. Is there any other way we can marry. and what may be consequenses of case/fir if filled against me.


 15 Replies

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     29 February 2012

@ Author

Remember to do registration of Marriage under Special Marriage Act. No shortcut.
2. See to it that the lady shall be above 18 years old at the time of marriage. Cross check her DOB in Municipal records and her Board Educational records for that peace of mind.
3. Ask this same question to this lady. If she says she sides you prudently then Law will not come into picture and In - Laws and her side of relatives’ objections are constructed to be frivolous and obstructive and thus Court grants protection and or restraining to two married adult persons.
4. In all such cases the boy and girl should show confidence to start their marital life without which society and morality brigades take over.

See where both of you stand now.


2 Like

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (rpchughadvocatesupremecourt@hotmail.com))     29 February 2012

Dear Querist,

Obviously the girl's family would try doing end number of things to obstruct or if already completed, devastate the marriage, however if you both are major and ready to stand by your decision (specially for the girl). Then the law stand s by your side. The Hon'ble Supreme Court has time and again especially in Lata Singh v. State of UP (2006) has reiterated that inter-caste/inter-religion marriages are good for fraternity of the nation, and full protection should be provided to such couples.

It would be good if you obtain protection first and then proceed with the marriage. 

1 Like

vivek verma (engineer)     29 February 2012

Dear Sir,

how can we get protection before marriage. And how should we marriage should we go for aryasamaj marraiage and then register it. Or there is anotherbetter way

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     01 March 2012

yes you can go arya samaja or in any temply you can get marry and on the basis of the receipt for having performed the marriage you can register the marriage.

1 Like

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (rpchughadvocatesupremecourt@hotmail.com))     01 March 2012


Yes you can get it registered on the basis of Arya Samaj Certificate, secondly : through your lawyer you can approach the concerned police/human rights/other authorities for protection and if they fail to entertain you - you can file a writ petition seeking directions to police to provide you security.

1 Like

girish shringi (advocate)     01 March 2012

adv.Rajiv has advised properly.

1 Like

SUNIL DUTT SHARMA (LAWYER)     01 March 2012

my dear if u love than go ahead.if both of u are above 18 yrs.and equilly consented to marry.go ahead.constitution of our country protect the interest of irrespective of religion and safety from any fear to life and reputation.so dont worry there are so many cases already happened..just register the marrige,and give a written application for the consent and for not having any hurdles to happy married life.

important is both are adults and without force with their wishes they want to be married each other..

so go ahead,law is with u .

vivek verma (engineer)     01 March 2012


Sirs, I work in karnataka and the girl i love lives in lucknow. I am planning to go to lucknow marry the girl in arya samaj and next day register our marriage. Take the girl back to the place I work. What are the things I need to take care of.

vivek verma (engineer)     02 March 2012

Dear sir


One more question at what time girls parents should be informed ki we are going to marry or married. Before marriage, after arts samaj marriage or after registration of marriage.


vivek verma (engineer)     09 March 2012

Please Sir help. Its urgent

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     12 March 2012

As soon as you get married.





Shonee Kapoor


3 Like

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     14 March 2012

u need to perform CIVIL Marriage. (wrongly called as registered marriage).


if a Hindu boy marries a Muslim girl, in Aarya Samaj Mandir, without the girl professing Hindu religion, the marriage will be void.

1 Like

vivek verma (engineer)     14 March 2012


problem in registered marriage is that ki our families will get letter and then they will be knowing that we are performing marriage. Any they may create end number of problems.

Sir please suggest other way

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     14 March 2012

1. convert her to Hindu

2. marry as per Hindu rites

3. register ur marriage.

4. doo-do nahaoo pooto falo !

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register