IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

renu (consultant)     23 February 2017

Help for divorce issue



Need help, I got married in 2010 and after that I came to know that my husband was already married to someone to else and he was fighting for 498A, divorce and maintainace cases with her. After came to know I was shattered but still I helped him to come out from that and in year 2012 finally he got divorced from her 1st wife. After all this many of hi fraud came in picture like his all educational documents were rejected by his considering fraud and he was thrown out of the company. From last 2 years he was not working and I was the one who was feeding him.  He stayed in different city  telling me that he is doing business but he was always involved in wrong activities, access drink, tobacco etc. he stayed in different city for 1 year and came back for few days. now from last year he got job in a different city through some sources and moved out. I was fed up with his all activities and filed mutual divorce and the 1st motion was completed in December 2016.  But now that man is threatening me, sending emotional messages and asking be to with him.  I have not asked for any alumni and only requested him to get the case finished but he is messaging me and saying he will not come for 2nd motion. At the time of 1st motion he already signed on 2nd motion paper but saying he will not come and I have to be with him by any case. He is saying that should tell him that there is someone in my life than only he will divorce me.

Request  you to please suggest the way out and help.  


 5 Replies


If you want divorce, he should appear on second motion or else divorce wont be granted.  You are woman.  Courts are very lenieal towards women, if he does not come for second motion, then file regular divorce and take it.  It take 3 years time but you will get it.


On a slightly different note, pati ka pair mein patni ka sansar hota he.  pati parmeshwar hota he. Pati ke charno mein patni ka sthaan hota he.  Why dont to reconcile with husband.  There are many good for nothing wifes who know only to speard legs and do chit chat with neighbour entire life, dont hsubands take care of such wives?

Yes, they do.

SO why dont you look after your 420 husband like many husbands are doing for their wives???

Anyway taking divorce you will also search new one, why not settle with old one and totally letgo idea of searching new husband?  Its just a thought.  Rest your wish.

renu (consultant)     23 February 2017

Looking for some lawyers help please, if any charges I will bear that


If he not agreeing to give you divorce, you can apply for divorce under contested divorce. Issues need to be framed properly so that they can secure you divorce.  You need to contact able advocate locally who deals with matrimonial matters or can contact me if you are from bangalore. Remember filing contested diovrce, main part is framing charges, it should not be so that even after filing contested divorce, you should not end up losing case after 3 years when judgement is produced.


you can do one more thing, you can lure your husband with one time alimony pay him lumpsum alimony and take divorce by asking him to appear on second motion.  Ask how much he wants to let you go.  Pay it and take divorce.

A walk alone (-)     23 February 2017

I think Your married is not valid. As you say"I got married in 2010 &in year 2012 finally he got divorced from her 1st wife. It means before his first divorce you married him. It's void marriage already. If he comes in second motion then it's OK. Otherwise as you can move forward in life without divorce.

Kamal Dixit (Lawyer in Thane District Court Mumbai Thane)     23 February 2017

Your Marriage is unvalid, so no require divorce suit filing you can move forward in new life without see back life. u have no any legal binding,

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query