LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

narinder_6in   27 September 2010

Harrasment by wife and in-laws

Please advice what is the remedy available to a husband if the wife and her parents continously threaten for break up and complaining to the police for acts not performed by husband.  The motive is just to make the husband do things as the wife and in laws want him to do.

 3 Replies

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     27 September 2010

Que. 1: How old is the marriage?

Que. 2: From which State you are enquiring?

Suggestion 1: Record all their threats in voice recording or video recording and or SMS recording format. Keep records of home finances and her education background / job status if any also for may be future references as evidencs.

Suggestion 2: If marriage more than 1 year old. You may after consultation with a local family law lawyer may file for Divorce on “cruelty” grounds.

Generic take 1: If wife is not adjusting in matrimonial home and on top it your In Laws who have no business in a couple’s daily affairs then you as husband should not take her and her side of family’s threats lying low. Police also have no business to entertain such nagging complans without giving opportunity to hear your say. Wake up to protest as per Family Law / Rules if all reconciliation efforts for keeping family harmony fails. Prepare yourself by studying Law and or reviewing past 100 messages on various Family Law subjects in Family / Criminal law forum here. Also prepare yourself for giving maintenance to wife and child (if any). Further prepare yourself by knowing what gender biased Family Law does to a husband and his side of family by reading articles placed by various authors here and then act accordingly.

More takes may be suggested post more questions from your side based on current realities of your matrimonial life.

2 Like

narinder_6in   27 September 2010

Thanks for the suggestion


The marriage is 6 years old and I am enquiring from Delhi.


Is it possible that if I file a FIR with the local police station and also with the police station of my in-laws stating the harassment so in case they file any complaint against me, I can use that as an evidence at that time about the harassment.  I am concerned that laws are too much in favour of the women, so no one would accept me and my family's arguments, especially if they are going to use false claims.

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     27 September 2010

Sir ji,

1. FIR in
Delhi is now no more that simple that anyone (especially under trouble some marriage) one can file a FIR as in drop of a hat

2. Give time to your present marital stage and meanwhile follow suggestion 1

3. You may file a police report with no mirchi masala paras as in a DD entry report to matrimonial home "jurisdiction" Police Station and take a stamped / signed receiving copy and this is your only security ID card till she and or her side may file complaint case.

4. I was not aware that husbands are "concerned that laws are too much in favour of the women, so no one would accept me and my family's arguments, especially if they are going to use false claims" Is it so !.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query