LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Insiyah Ujjaini (Manager)     27 April 2016

harassment from recovery agents

I work in a public sector bank. I was in Dubai UAE as a part of my posting for 2 years. During the stay I had bought credit card which I could not settle. Now I am back since 3 years and posted at Pune. Now I started getting calls from Some Lex-Alliance Legals India claiming that they are recovery agents appointed by the UAE bank. My questions are as follows 1. Can the UAE bank appoint recovery agents in India. 2. If so, do they have any legal recourse. 3. They are constantly calling me on my official number. They are calling up my official landline constantly and even calling on official phones of my seniors and colleagues hampering our official work. They are also constantly writing emails to date official email ids of my branch, self and my bosses. They have even written to our chairman and HR department asking for my details. Should my employer provide my details? 4. They claim that they have got all official numbers and all official email ids from our Dubai branch and are harrassing everyone. Can the Dubai branch provide all these details without our consent or information to us? 5. Our HR department has written to them that they shall not share any information after consulting our law officer but they still keep writing. Can my employer bank take action against this sort of harassment to our officials. What? 6. They contacted my immediate boss and he has ignorantly agreed to share information. He had verbally confirmed that he would share my information if they share theirs. But they have rather written to Branch's official email id mentioning that they will share their information only if he provides mine. Now they continuously write on our Branch official ID with his name. Is he legally liable. Can the bank not curtail it. 7. Even while talking to any of our official numbers they are very rude and shout and try to use abusive language. Is this not a harassment. Can my employer take any actions against it. 8. The caller does not provide me with any other details except his or her name. We asked for postal address but was never given. Are they not supposed to provide tgeir details. 9. The caller seems fradulent since (a)They authority letter provided by them being an agent of the said bank seems to be fraudulent. It is on the name of "Lex Alliance" and not "Lex-Alliance Legals India". (B)Whereas emails are from the latter company. (C) I also tried to google details of the company but to no avail. The first one is a legal firm. There is hardly any details of latter. It does show a website but the contact details are not matching. Do I have any legal recourse in this matter. 10. The police of Pune denied lodging FIR saying that the company is saying that they are placed in New Delhi which does not fall in their Purview. Is it correct? 11. Can my employer take any action against me even if this is my personal issue and does not involve them. My bank had not accepted any legal liabilty to pay up if I fail to do so when I was initially issued the card. 12. If in case I wish to send a legal notice or file police complaint how I do iy since I have no other information about them except their email Id and landline phone numbers. 13. I had also written email to delhi police but never obtained a reply. Request you to please provide me with reply at the earliest since this is creating issues both for my current employment and social harassment and defaming me.

Learning

4 Replies

Mithun   05 July 2016

Hello Mr. Insiyah

Myself Mithun, i also faced the same from this agent who pretend to be the Banks agent. They are calling from Delhi & the persons who calls especially ladies are the one without any culture & behaves very badly. i was in kuwait & they calls more than 300 ties to my mobile & land phone. they even calls land line & even calls other staffs mobile nos. they calls some of my distantrelatives &feriends & unnecessary creates problem. i have to go legally because that much iam fed up with this stupids. thay are following an unprofessional way & because of continues call i had problem with the employer

What will be the way to stop this calls? They calls from Airtel number starting 011

Requesting a favourable reply

rgds

Mithun 

Kumar Doab (FIN)     29 December 2016

If you have borrowed you should pay.

In India you can lodge complaint for harassment against Indian agents that are harassing you.

Since you are answering their calls and asking information to authenticate they should not contact anyone other than you.

If calls are recieved at Pune then Pune police should have agreed to lodge your compalint.

Try by meeting the higher police officers, lodge compalint by email and letter under proper acknowledgment for your own record.

Contact local counsel.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     29 December 2016

There are many threads at LCI on harrassment by recovery agents that you may find useful.

You can pick up relevant points e.g;

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Harrasment-by-icici-banks-recovery-agents-76271.asp

Jose Manuel   29 August 2017

I face the same issue slightly different. and more radical. please contact me and I can help because I have been able to put a stop to these guys. in fact we can do a lot in India a. In fact, I pick up calls and respond to emails. yet they disturb my family and colleagues. lets us all join hands if we want to stop these guys from doing what they do. Jose Manuel - 9483545670

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register