LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ankit Sharma   28 April 2018

Harassment by the Indian Army

I am Merchant Navy personnel and worked as Third Officer of Foreign Going Merchant vessel.I have Certificate of Competency issued by Directorate General of Shipping, Government of India. 07NL0080 is my INDoS ( INDIAN NATIONAL DATABASE OF SEAFARER ). 

It has been a year and more,  one FIR is lodged against me at MENCHUKA POLICE STATION, Distt.-WEST SIANG State- ARUNACHAL PRADESH. by INDIAN ARMY(194 FIELD REGIMENT, MENCHUKA PINCODE-926194, c/o 99APO)

I am providing details of FIR details.


This case is still pending at DISTRICT COURT at ALONG, WEST SIANG and there is no progress in this case so far.

As because of this case I cannot join back my job and along with me my whole family is suffering.

That time when they(Army) arrested me, they called Defence Ministry, IB, CBI, CID, Military Intelligence etc.

They did 2 days interrogation  at SP Office, Along, Distt.-WEST SIANG and handed over me to Local Police for further investigation.

I am out on bail by the court of Along ( Arunachal Pradesh).

Last time court has summoned me on 28th August, 2017 and I appeared before the court.

Now the ARMY again demanded the RE INVESTIGATION of that matter.

No one knows about the result of  FIRST INVESTIGATION/ INTERROGATION done by the team of CBI,CID, IB, and many unknown authorities.

It has been 7 months now but no official communication has been given to me by the court or any Authority about the investigation.

Every time when I appear before the court the ARMY PERSONNEL shout before the Judge that this  case is Related to SAFETY AND SECURITY OF INDIA.

I went there as a tourist and had valid Inner Line Permit to visit that place and as it was my first trip to North East I was excited and took many photographs which include pictures of Road, Bridges, Milestones and scenery.

I am just 28 year old and just because of this misunderstanding my career is at stake.  

I beg your attention regarding this case as it is related to my career and life.

I want nothing but the speedy trail but so far it happening at  very slow speed.

I am ready to cooperate with any Authority but no one has ever contacted me for any further investigation.

I hope you will understand my situation and do the needful.


 2 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     28 April 2018

Members in the forum can only guide others basing on details / facts.

The forum can not do any needful in matters that are already in court and on which investigation was once completed and handled by Police.

You can only file a petition seeking for expedite trial and they may consider.

Contact a sincere Advocate and take his personal guidance as immediately as possible.

1 Like

Ankit Sharma   28 April 2018

Thank you for your advice. I have met one senior advocate in Delhi and who adviced me to file a case against them in High Court Arunachal Pradesh under the section of IPC 482. If you're lawyer, please guide me about the process and timeframe of this reverse case in High Court. TIA Ankit Sharma

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register