Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Harassment by husband

Page no : 2

Pradeep (Eng.)     22 July 2014

Sir, Your Scare tactics are no good. I respect the advice of Adv Chandrasekhar, Your Advice is misleading the victim to stay in a bad abusive marriage, which will be very detrimental for her own welfare in the most vulnerable old-age. you are telling her that a mentally harassing husband is better than no husband in the form of companionship. but how do an abuser offer companionship.?
Originally posted by : Tajobsindia

Proof of the 'pudding' is in the 'eating' !

PUDDING - Your subsisting marriage r/w married children and further r/w retirement looming large in the horizon and finally r/w contentious 'married' OLD AGE.

EATING - Even if you follow Lord Chandrasekhar advise your forthcoming retirement r/w post retirement lifestyle will end up traumatized with no husband for company. In 'societal scenarios' it is called 'out of frying pan into the fire' situation for an retired yet married lady.

I am in no means discouraging you from seeking Protection Order but do take a pre-retirement pause and think aloud 'what will your post-retirement' marital status should be like; husband barred to come near you - no verbal talk with him - no seeing him in your place of dwelling = "a retired old lady leading a Divorcee lifestyle" ! In front of police you thought of society but should you not give same thoughts for long when you are soon retiring for your own post-retirement graceful living?

Hence, concluding my short take for you with advise on - opt for 'Civil Divorce' and lead retirement life with bliss and peace.

File 'mental cruelties' ground based 'divorce' and side-by-side find a retirement home where you can recoil post retirement with married children as 'visiting' company. Under this civil law within parameters of 'divorce case against husband' you can seek no contact from spouse as in-built provisions (if the govt. accommodation is provided on your name you can bar him from staying there too) and all these civil cases eventually ends within 'civil necessities' instead of getting struck on mere 'Protection Order' under DV Act, but with tag of 'I'm a married spouse - BUT no; physical - verbal - emotional - economical - guardianship contact with my other spouse', which is what a 'Protection Order under Bharat Ratna DV Act' will give you as long term status and yet he will still remain your legal wedded husband i.e. in the eyes of 'society' and one of the heir  to your post retirement benefits in case you pass away early on account of PRPOS (post-retirement 'Protection Order' Stress) !.

OR

Both of you attend marital counseling sessions which is another 'social way' of resolving old age marital conflicts between senior age spouses and jointly lead peaceful retired life.

OR

WEALTH (i.e. retirement benefits) can’t buy Health, but HEALTH (i.e. productive use of retirement benefits for a needy spouse) can buy Wealth.

PS.: 

Since you are currently working for an earning income in a Govt. service and retirement is 6 months away it is suggested not to use ‘housewife’ under your name which you are not as of date least to mislead legal Experts!

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register