Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Raymoefter (Deputy Manager)     26 December 2010

full and final settlement

Respected Sir/Madam,

I worked for a financial services company for the last 7 and half years and had given my best to the growth of the company.

I resigned from the company in the month of july and my last working day was 31st Aug 2010, in the meanwhile I had completed the formalities for pf withdrwal and sent it to the HR Dept and also mailed them on setteling my gratuity final salary and other dues. For the last 4 months I have been writting to HR dept for the status on my settlement of PF, Gratuity and other dues and there has been no response to the same.

I received my relieving letter in the month of sept 2010.

I sincerly ask for your intervention in this matter and would be highly grateful if you can advice me on the above matter

Thanking You,
Rayes Mohamed Efthie


 6 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     26 December 2010

Simply writing a letter to the company does not help you, issue legal notice to the co., if they failed to pay inspite of receiving the notice, then file a case before the labour court.

Pratheep Kumar (Asst. Manager - HR)     28 December 2010


Mr. Rayes


You may send the letter to your employer asking the reason as well you may mention that why the legal action should not be taken against the organization for not settling the account, give them 15 days of time for reply if they are not bothered about the letters you may file a suit in labour court. 



Pratheep Kumar. R

Vinod Phulchand Pawar (Lawyer/Advocate)     22 January 2011

You have to raise Industrial Dispute before the Labour Commissioner for your dues.

Kirti Kar Tripathi (lawyer)     22 January 2011


First you give legal notice. but filing of the case will depend on nature of job and post. however, for claiming P.F., you can submit your form to the P.F Authorities  after getting Attestation of your signature by Bank Manager or Gazetted Officer or Member of Parliament or Legislative Assembly, thereafter it will be problem of P.F. authorities to get the sign of your employer on your form. For claiming gratuity you can file your claim before the Controlling autority appointed under the Payment of Gratuity Act for your area.

Raymoefter (Deputy Manager)     27 January 2011

Respected Sir,

I had approached the labour department. It seems the complaints from employees in the managerial capacity dont fall under the jurisdiction of the labour department.

Would be obliged of you could advice.




Kirti Kar Tripathi (lawyer)     27 January 2011

Yes, They are correct. If you was holding managerial post, you have to file Civil Suit for your dues except fot PF and Gratuity.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query